What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Desperately Seeking Mr. Peabody and Sherman Book

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Davis (last edited Jul 12, 2020 02:13PM) (new)

Davis Jacobson | 1 comments Hi, I am throwing a message in a bottle to see if I can ring any bells. My friend is ga-ga for a Mr. Peabody and Sherman book that her mother used to get her from the library when she was a child. The mother has now died, the book holds dear memories, and I have very little to go on.

This book would have been published prior to 1999 — my friend was born 1987 and this would have been age-appropriate for a 3-8 year-old, and from the way she speaks of it I infer that she was about 5. She describes the book as a relatively large-format book with an audiocassette accompanying. The characters go on an adventure that somehow involves rainbows. She describes the cover as predominately yellow. Obviously this is an illustrated children's book. She claims it was not a Golden Book, but I think she may be mistaken.

I am striking out solidly. Any recollections of such a book, or of authors of such books, or of series of such books from that time period would be vastly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19602 comments I tried searching, but I can't find any books about those characters from the time period in question.

In case it helps anyone....

Hector J. Peabody (mostly referred to as Mr. Peabody) is an anthropomorphic cartoon dog who appeared in the late 1950s and early 1960s television animated series The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, produced by Jay Ward. Peabody appeared in the "Peabody's Improbable History" segments created by Ted Key, and was voiced by Bill Scott.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_...

Your friend is positive it's this character?