Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

Buddy Reads free comic books > The New Buddy Reads Free Comic Books (updated July 2020)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard Kenneth (last edited Aug 13, 2020 04:01PM) (new)

Richard Kenneth Conde | 283 comments Mod
Update August 13, 2020:

Batman The Killing Joke is currently up now

Update August 11, 2020:

Velvet #2 is currently up now
House of Mystery #2 is currently up now
Uncanny X-Men #95 is currently up now
Amazing Spider-Man #14 is currently up now

The newest Buddy Reads comic books being discussed at this time are:

Velvet #1 and up

House of Mystery #1 and up

Amazing Spider-Man #13 and up

Uncanny X-Men #94 and up

Just click on their topics here in the Buddy Reads forum and join in any time.

Update July 13, 2020: The Buddy Reads Free Comic Books is up and running. Basically, instead of e-mailing the comic book like the previous moderator did, we will be posting the comic book for discussion in its own topic for a couple of weeks. The images of the comic books will be posted for comic book discussion only and not for sale or resale. Then after the couple of weeks, the images of that comic book will be deleted. If it generates interests and discussion by the members, then we will continue doing so with the series.

Right now we are starting with House of Mystery #1 by Matthew Sturges.

And Velvet #1 by Ed Brubaker.

If you are interested in reading them and joining the discussion just click on either one of its topic here in the Buddy Reads free comic books part of the group website. Happy reading and enjoy.

Just an updated message. There are may available comic books now. From the 1960's to 2016, especially superheroes comic books if you are interested in that. Just post your inquiry.

July 2020:

In the spirit of the previous founder and previous moderator, I am willing to continue this forum as there seems to be a lot of discussion generated for the interested members.

This was a great idea.

In this month of July 2020, there will be more titles from various publications aside from Marvel and DC.

I am looking forward to restarting this forum this week.

The format will be the same as it was utilized here. The comic book will be e-mailed to the participating members (unless someone has a better suggestion to access the buddy read comic book being discussed).

Please provide your comments if this is your cup of tea.

Right now it's under process this week and will be ready some time this week in July 2020.

message 2: by Brendan (new)

Brendan O'neill | 12 comments Sounds good to me.

Brendan wrote: "Sounds good to me."

Good to have you aboard. I'll post again this week on what Buddy Reads comic books will be available.

message 4: by RdWd (new)

RdWd Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is 'Buddy Reads'? A library or app or something?

message 5: by Richard Kenneth (last edited Jul 13, 2020 09:23AM) (new)

benxander wrote: "Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is 'Buddy Reads'? A library or app or something?"

Hi. Thank you for asking. Basically it (Buddy reading) is two or more people reading the same book and talking about the book with each other as they read along. They talk about summarizing what they read, or talk about a particular scene, what they thought about the illustrations, or the characters and settings, etc.

message 6: by Richard Kenneth (last edited Jul 13, 2020 03:45PM) (new)

Brendan wrote: "Sounds good to me."

Thanks for the interest Brendan. We have started. And it is the topic of House of Mystery #1. Click on that topic and see if it interests you. If it does then please read the comic book on that topic and post comments and your opinions on that topic. Enjoy (if it is your cup of tea).

benxander wrote: "Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is 'Buddy Reads'? A library or app or something?"

Thanks for the interest Benxander. We have started. And it is the topic of House of Mystery #1. Click on that topic and see if it interests you. If it does then please read the comic book on that topic and post comments and your opinions on that topic. Enjoy (if it is your cup of tea).

message 8: by Annika (new)

Annika (myprofile00) are we supposed to read all of these or is it a pick and choose kind of thing? also, how do we know who is reading what at what time?

Annika wrote: "are we supposed to read all of these or is it a pick and choose kind of thing? also, how do we know who is reading what at what time?"

You don't have to read all of the books in this forum.

The best part is you can choose which ones you want to read. People that comment are the ones reading at the time.

Happy reading.

message 10: by Concertina (new)

Concertina (concertosa) | 1 comments Richard wrote: "Update July 13, 2020: The Buddy Reads Free Comic Books is up and running. Basically, instead of e-mailing the comic book like the previous moderator did, we will be posting the comic book for discu..."

Thank you!

message 11: by Richard Kenneth (new)

Update August 13, 2020:

Batman The Killing Joke is currently up now

Update August 11, 2020:

Velvet #2 is currently up now
House of Mystery #2 is currently up now
Uncanny X-Men #95 is currently up now
Amazing Spider-Man #14 is currently up now