Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

9 views
Book Issues > The Hound of Hell Book 2

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rory (new)

Rory Nelson | 25 comments Book has the wrong title. Here is the link to my book on goodreads.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...
This book's title reads , The Hound of Hell(The Hunt for the Demon Knight #2). It's actually backwards and should read, The Hunt for the Demon Knight(The Hound of Hell #2) Thank you.


message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Rory wrote: "Book has the wrong title. Here is the link to my book on goodreads.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...
This book's title reads , The Hound of Hell(The Hunt for the Demon..."


All that is on the cover is: Hound of Hell.
Is that the series name?


message 3: by Rory (new)

Rory Nelson | 25 comments HI Suzi. Sorry for the confusion. The subtitle is actually not on the cover itself. You do have the correct series. You're just missing the subtitle. It should read The Hunt for the Demon Knight(The Hound of Hell#2)


message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Rory wrote: "HI Suzi. Sorry for the confusion. The subtitle is actually not on the cover itself. You do have the correct series. You're just missing the subtitle. It should read The Hunt for the Demon Knight(Th..."

It will need to fit into Goodreads standards. I really will do the best I can to make it fit GR standards, and make you pleased with the result. I'm looking at them on amazon now.


message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Several issues: [I'll deal with them one at a time - we can take care of everything]

1. this edition only shows 92 pages: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Is it a prequel? before or after the Dawn of Merlin? Or is it an early version of the 1st Brotherhood Book?


2, A Book's title is what is on the cover. Subtitles are sometimes on the cover, and sometimes on the title page. But the title is what is on the cover. So your books will have the same title, with a different subtitle. I have read the synopsis of all of them, and made what I hope is an acceptable compromise of the series names based on what I read about your books.

See them here:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/2307...

https://www.goodreads.com/series/2945...

I hope this is acceptable to you.

3. As long as you do not use the period after your initial on Amazon, it will import to a different author profile. You can ask in this forum to move it to your correct profile. I don't know how Amazon works, but I'm pretty sure you can update your author name there. At any rate, just be aware that you will need to ask a librarian to move any new book that imports from Amazon, unless you enter it yourself before the automatic import.

4. I cannot open your dropbox, as I do not open anything that needs my personal login for Goodreads issues. You can upload the cover yourself now, as the author, from the edit details then upload the cover on the far right of the page.

To recap - what I still need to know is the details of the 92 page Brotherhood book.


message 6: by Rory (new)

Rory Nelson | 25 comments Thank you, Suzy. I still can’t find the edit details on my book page and how I upload the cover. Where exactly is this?


message 7: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Rory wrote: "Thank you, Suzy. I still can’t find the edit details on my book page and how I upload the cover. Where exactly is this?"

There is a section that says Get a copy
Below that is edition information
Below that to the right, it says edit details.

Can you give me any information about that novella in question 1?


message 8: by Rory (new)

Rory Nelson | 25 comments I see it now. Thank you for your help!


message 9: by Rory (new)

Rory Nelson | 25 comments Suzi wrote: "Rory wrote: "Thank you, Suzy. I still can’t find the edit details on my book page and how I upload the cover. Where exactly is this?"

There is a section that says Get a copy
Below that is edition ..."



message 10: by Rory (new)

Rory Nelson | 25 comments Thank you, Suzi. It looks like everything is taken care of. I'm not sure to what you're referring. Dawn is a novella, but it's 150 pages long. I had a small novella but I never published it and didn't appear on goodreads.


message 11: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Rory wrote: "Thank you, Suzi. It looks like everything is taken care of. I'm not sure to what you're referring. Dawn is a novella, but it's 150 pages long. I had a small novella but I never published it and did..."

the book at this link
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...


back to top