Challenge Corner discussion

Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
This topic is about Loveboat, Taipei
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen -> Starting July 20th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 59107 comments Mod
When eighteen-year-old Ever Wong’s parents send her from Ohio to Taiwan to study Mandarin for the summer, she finds herself thrust among the very over-achieving kids her parents have always wanted her to be, including Rick Woo, the Yale-bound prodigy profiled in the Chinese newspapers since they were nine—and her parents’ yardstick for her never-measuring-up life.

Unbeknownst to her parents, however, the program is actually an infamous teen meet-market nicknamed Loveboat, where the kids are more into clubbing than calligraphy and drinking snake-blood sake than touring sacred shrines.

Free for the first time, Ever sets out to break all her parents’ uber-strict rules—but how far can she go before she breaks her own heart?

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 10: (view spoiler)

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 20: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 30: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 13% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 18% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 40%
(view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 57%

(view spoiler)

Attack Salmon Finished (view spoiler)

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Attack Salmon wrote: "13% .... "

You know, I never thought about that. Yes, that seems to be a common theme but I feel like that is with a lot of parents who came to America.. ya know? That's how my grandparents were to my parents.

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Attack Salmon wrote: "40%.."

Oh god, Sophie, I didn't like her.

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Attack Salmon wrote: "57%..."

Yeah she did which is completely horrible.

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Attack Salmon wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

Sorry you didn't like this one! Did you read it or listen to it?

Attack Salmon Alaina wrote: "Attack Salmon wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

Sorry you didn't like this one! Did you read it or listen to it?"

I listen to it haha and I didnt hate it. But it took so long to get interesting I was about to DNF it 🤣🤣

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Attack Salmon wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Attack Salmon wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

Sorry you didn't like this one! Did you read it or listen to it?"

I listen to it haha and I didnt hate it. But it took so long to..."

LOL I listened to it as well but I really liked it.

Kelly | 3824 comments 25% - (view spoiler)

50% - (view spoiler)

58% - (view spoiler)

Finished - (view spoiler)