What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Russian story book about a family of 5-6 kids and their emotional attachments with the animals at their farm - each chapter for an animal

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raman (new)

Raman Attri (ramankattri) | 3 comments I read this book's English version in year 1984-1985. It is a cream colour fabric-based hardbound cover, roughly of 8"x10" size book with thick, white, high-quality pages. Written by a Russian author, translated in English. contains stories about kids age somewhere 5 to 12, I think in a farmer family and how they get attached to their animals. Different chapters were related to the horse, dog and several other animals. Every chapter was overly emotional. The book must have been published originally in Russia long back. I cannot recall the name of the book or author name. I seriously need some help in locating this book.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments What country were you in when you read the book?

message 3: by Raman (new)

Raman Attri (ramankattri) | 3 comments I was in India that time. That era of 1980s we had access to tons of English translated Russian books in India.

message 4: by Raman (new)

Raman Attri (ramankattri) | 3 comments I remember something more now, though faintly. It was authors own story as kid. Not sure it was he or she. It was written as first person "I" describing his/her own experiences plus siblings alongside the animals they had in the house. Now since I have written several books myself, I can say from writing style that it wasn't any ordinary author. Probably someone famous.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments Was it a regular farm or a Soviet collective farm?