Ladies who love Laurell discussion

How long can the triumvariates remain?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments In thinking about Anita's future, I wonder how long her triumvariates can last. It seems her connection to the wereleopards is weakest, but the one she most enjoys. Will it be the first to go? I'm not convinced she can maintain both triumvariates.

message 2: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments I think that it's imperative that both triumverates are fully functioning. Especially if they have another encounter with the council, or come up against Bella Morte or Mommie dearest. I think that though Richard seemed to realize at the end of Harlequin how much his non-involvement was hurting everyone, he has a way to go before he's functioning and contributing to the full extent of his power.
As for the second triumverate, i think that once Nathaniel fully understands what his potential is (and i think Anita has to bring that out of him ny "topping" him properly) he will be a stronger force that we expect.
As i am rereading all of the earlier books, i am remembering all of the issues that came along with Richard. I think he has come far. And though he's still acting like an idiot, i don;t want to loose all hope in him just yet. He's powerful, and we need him.

There was a comment in another thread about Mommie becoming part of the triumverate. This can't happen. A triumverate is a vamp/human servant/animal to call. If Mommie was to be part of the triumverate she'd take JC's place as the vamp. Then they'd need a new animal, since she doesn't have wolves as an animal. Also, do you really feel like she'd tie herself to any one group of people, or one city? She seems much too powerful and narcissistic (sp?) to commit to something like that. At the most, she might try to kill JC and take Anita as her human servant back in europe. To which Anita would never take part of, and kill herself.....

message 3: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments Cat, you have a good point. But, if you think about it, Anita's necromancy has played a pivitol role in her survival. It's the one power she really understands. I'm just waiting for that to flip. What would happen if Mommie finds a way to use necromancy against Anita? Richard might come back to completely save the day. With JC loving Asher, Anita loving Nathaniel & Micha, how will Richard get the attention he needs. It will be interesting to see if he finds a mate, replacing Anita's significance in the wolf pack. Perhaps if he does that they can all work together to fight the council and Mommie.Oh...I cannot wait for Blood Noir!!!

message 4: by Tippytoegts (new)

Tippytoegts | 16 comments I don't think Richard will find a replacement for Anita. He won't let her go.

message 5: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Anita's triumverate with Damian and Nathaniel is permanent. They shared all four marks. I get the impression that Jason is now bound to that same triumverate, stretching it to a foursome.

As for Anita's triumverate with Jean-Claude and Richard, another vampire could still break the triumveate if they get to four marks before Jean-Claude finishes the process.

Micah isn't part of either triumverate. His bond to Anita is a "mate" bond.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I don't think Jason is part of the triumvirate. He's her animal to call but I don't think that's the same as being part of the triumvirate. By it's very definition, a triumvirate "is commonly used to describe a political regime dominated by three powerful individuals".

The mortality issue is an interesting one since Damian is immortal. It begs the question if that makes Nathanial and Anita immortal too. If not, then Damian isn't really immortal anymore if he can die when Anita and Damian do.

Since Anita only continues to grow in power, I definitely think she is powerful enough to continue with both triumvirates and I also think she will get more animals to call. How close she and her animals will be is the question I can't wait to get answered.

message 7: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments I don't think Jason is part of the triumvirate. He's her animal to call but I don't think that's the same as being part of the triumvirate.

How do you think Anita's bond with Jason will differ from Anita's bond with Nathaniel? I get the impression they can speak mind to mind and draw power from each other. Or is it the fact that Nathaniel and Damian are connected?

Jason and Nathaniel are such good friends I thought it would be cool that they had a bond with each other.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I agree it would be very cool for Nathaniel and Jason to be metaphysically connected now since they are best buddies. Maybe they will be since it seems like it's one big chain that binds them all together. I think of it in terms of bandwidth, imagining the chains as "pipes" because I'm such a geek . The larger the "pipe" the more bandwidth you have so the faster information flows. The pipes that connect the triumvirates are large so the information flows fast and strong. The pipes that connect Anita to her animals to call are smaller so while there is still a flow of power and information, it's not as fast and strong. Kind of the difference between dial up and cable. It wouldn't surprise me if everyone who is tied to Anita and Jean Claude become tied to everyone else. The difference will be in how strong the connection is.

message 9: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments I can see that. Anita seems to have the strongest connection to Jean-Claude. Or maybe he's just the one most likely to make use of the bond. Richard is always shielding and Damian and Nathaniel haven't been very demanding so far, except when Anita starts to drain them.

It will be interesting to see how Jason fits into their power structure. I hope he goes along in the next book. I don't want to wait 1 1/2 years to find out. *g*