Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Bella

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Marley Will bella even have a power.
Will she end up being turned.

Erika Wilson the next book comes out in august or something. i think she will have a power if she gets turned, but i don't know if i really want her to get turned...

Vettech2124 I doubt she will get turned even though I really really want her to be, but there's always a delay. And I just posted a theory of what
Bella's power would be if she was turned and I think it will have to be a power of the mind and a little something more, OR she won't have anything else but what she has now, a heavily guarded mind! (And of course she won't be clumsy, but thats not really a power 'cause no vampire is clumsy. I bet Bella's super stoked for that!)
=)
<3
l8r

Ashley I do think Bella will get converted in the next book, but the question is when. And once she does, she will have a power, like all other vampires.

And as far as what power she will have, I havent given it a thought at all, but I hope it is something that will surprise all the readers.

But I do believe that once she becomes a vampire, she wont be clumsy anymore. Now whether or not that has to do with her power, I am not sure.

Vanessa Maybe she will get changed. But everything in her nature is against being a vampire. She faints at the sight of blood and she is very clumsy. Stephanie did describe her as having very pale skin with dark hair though. Maybe that contrast of not being naturally like a vampire is because she is not going to be one. It would change the character, I think authors would generally stay far away from doing that.

Ashley I am preety sure she will become one... so as not disappoint her readers but I also think those are the intentions she had in writing this series.

Maggie i think bella is a witch because edwasr i sa vamp jake a werewolve so likes just have a frenzy. I don;t know why beela cares what age she i married at cus she is goina have her whole family dead in a couple of years.*sigh

message 8: by Zoe (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe slater like i said before, i really do think bella will be changed! but out of force on edwards part because of danger, as to her power i don't know. its a far fetched possibility but i think she minght have the power to borrow extra powers, that would be cool don't ya think?!
waiting and waiting for Breaking dawn, but their are no previews!
boo
zoe

Ashley Any other ideas on what power Bella may have?

Kataury I think that if she's changed, her power will be on the mind or the heart.

Ashley I have to disgree with you... she is so observant, so I think it will deal with her eyes, maybe her mind, not so much her heart.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I have no idea what power she'll have...I never really thought about it before...I always just thought "If Bella becomes a vampire...she'll hurt Jacob so much...and I'll hate her even more!" If bella does change it would break Jake's heart!...btw, has anyone else heard that Jacob's going to die in Breaking Dawn? I heard it and if it's true, i'll never read another book by stephanie meyer again!

message 13: by Ashley (last edited Jun 17, 2008 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley Hannah:

Why not? The series is not about Jacob... its about Edward and Bella, which is what everyone needs to get through their freaking heads...

What about Edward's feelings?!? What about her own? Cant she make he own decision on who she wants to be with?!? Obviously, its Edward and not Jacob...

And to be frankly honest, someone is going to die. Either Jacob or Edward. And I prefer Jacob to die!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

lol! We keep running into each other, Ashley! ^^

Well, I know the series isn't about jacob, but if Stepanie meyer is going to make such a great character and then just kill him off...there will be a lot of dissapointed people(including me!)

And yes, I know Edward has feelings and all, but I just don't like that Bella would rather break Jacob's heart and act like it doesn't make a difference than for one second even consider not being a vampire! It just makes me mad! I mean, let bella make her own decision, but either way she's going to hurt someone and we all know what she's going to do. This being said, she would hurt her so called "Best friend" just to be with Edward forever. This relationship doesn't seem natural at all...It's very unhealthy!

I supose someone is going to die, but if it were my choice, I would totally choose Edward to die. And if it makes bella happy, she can die and join him in death. Even if it didn't make her happy, which you know it would, it would make me happy! lol....

message 15: by Ashley (last edited Jun 17, 2008 07:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley Hannah:

wow, you are so for Jacob...
but I dont understand why...
especially after Eclipse...

But, well, exactly, she is going to hurt someone. But thats life, rite??

And I REALLY dont want this to turn out like Romeo and Juliet... I want the ending to unique, not like any other writers.

Sarah I agree with Ashley. I hope this does not turn out like a Romeo and Juliet. Plus, Bella is not Jacob's mate. Jacob did not imprint on Bella. Jacob ran away at the end of Eclipse maybe when he ran away he will find his true love.

Laura I agree Sarah - I'd hate for it to be a Romeo/Juliet thing (although I think SM is a better at developing a plot than to cop out with something that's been done to DEATH). And I also want Jacob to find someone to imprint on.
And Hannah - I disagree that Bella is breaking Jacob's heart without a second thought - she loves him too - but she has to choose and Edward is the choice.

Sarah Excellent points Laura. I agree with you, Stephenie Meyer is better to develope her own plot. You are right on how Bella loves Jacob too, but she knew they did not belong together in a love/romantic sense.

message 19: by Ruby (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby I agree with Laura, Sarah, and Ashley, but i do have to say this.

Its not healthy? the book is a about a vampire for gosh-sakes! i mean c'mon healthy isnt the issue here anyway.

And yeah Bella loves Jake and Edward (but edward more), but in the begining bella wanted to be Jakes sister not lover ok? and then, not to mention, jacob needs to stop forcing himself on Bella. I had some respect for him in New Moon but lost practically all of it after Eclipse.

And heres another thing: if jake is mature and everything y did he just run off like that? i mean he was all in Bella's face like "u have to face this! its me or Edward" type of thing, and hes the on running off!

Sarah Very true, but Jacob's mind is not mature yet.

message 21: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby ok yeah, that was just my opinion when he first came into the books, i thought he was kinda mature. i was dead wrong.

Ashley Exactly. He's not mature yet. And she doesnt need to sit around waiting for him to grow up; what if he never does?!?

In plus, Edward is very mature and more than a gentleman Jacob will be ever be...

message 23: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby exactly! so edwards with bella and all is rite with the world...not really. lol but yeah i totally agree!

Sarah LOL. Ashley brought up a good point. Edward is mature and Bella is too. In a sense, she is thought to have an older mind.

Kataury Wait a minute! How would you guys feel if the person you loved had just rejected you? I sympathize for Jacob because he was being used. Bella was starting to get close to Jacob and when Edward comes back, she's all for him! What about Jacob? He had a reason to leave. Especially if he'll never see Bella again.

message 26: by Ashley (last edited Jun 18, 2008 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley Elsie:

Let me propose another question:

If someone used you more than once and obviously like someone else other than you, would you continue being friends with them knowing they are most likely only going to use you again?!?

Sarah Is that question for anyone?

message 28: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby ok Ashley im not disagreeing with u or anything but when did Jacob use Bella? other than manipulating her into liking him? im confused, lol

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I think ashley Elsie meant that Bella used Jake...I think....?

Well, who ever said that Bella didn't break jake's heart is so wrong! I mean, come on, he loves her! And it wasn't immature of him to run away. he was hurt...because of bella.

And yeah, im a huge fan of Jacob! ♥

Ashley Sarah:

Sure, what is your opinion on the ?... Id like to know.

message 31: by Ashley (last edited Jun 19, 2008 01:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley Ruby:

Jacob did not use Bella... Bella used him...

Ashley Hannah:

Yes, that is what I meant.

And yes whoever said that is wrong. She did do that. But whatever decision she would have made would have resulted in someone getting hurt...

But, honestly, I love the decision she made.

Edward and Bella are meant to be together.

message 33: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby yeah now that i kno what ur talking about i agree.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, i know. Those two are obviously meant for each other, I would hate Bella and Jake together...yuk!...lol...I like the decision she made also, it's just sad that she had to hurt jacob...

Ashley Hannah:

Thats life honey...

Love hurts...

unfortuantely :-\

Kataury I don't think edward would have been hurt, he left Bella in the first place so I'm pretty sure he could do it again and Bella could have been just as happy with Jacob.

message 37: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby i seriously doubt that and i have to disagree with u on the fact that eward wasnt hurt, i mean he was gonna kill himself. i dont think thats an inidication of "not being hurt". u know

Laura Have you read SM's outtakes from New Moon - the one that describes what Edward is DOING while he's away from Bella? Trying to hunt the hunter but a lot of the time curling up in an attic or some such place wishing he could die and trying to convince himself that it's OK to go back and check on her? He left Bella because he believed it was the best thing for HER - not because it was what was best for him. My question is - could Bella ever do the same - something that was best for Edward but not necessarily for her?

message 39: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Laura: Well, I would count the first "date" in Twilight" when she wasn't sure he would bring her back alive and also the whole third wife idea in Eclipse when she thought killing herself would save Edward (and many others admittedly)as Bella's attempts to do what's best for Edward. Doesn't feel the same though, does it.

message 40: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby the first thing that came to my mind, as far as bella sacraficing herself for edward, was james. i mean i kno she went there for her mom, but..idk.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, Lisa, yeah those are kinda like what Edward did for Bella, but i don't think she could leave thinking it was best for him. First of all, she would never do something so selfless. To me, bella's reeeeally selfish, especially when it came to jake, but anyway, yeah she's selfish.

Secondly, she thinks she can't live without him, so she would probably end up killing herself if she ever did leave him...Which is like what she was going to do in eclispe...But, yeah, I think she would kill herself before she ever tried to live without him...

message 42: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa I think you're right on that point Hannah. That's the whole problem with her personality/character, whatever. There is no life without him for her. She really needs to have something else in her life. Even Rosalie became a mechanic!

Laura The third wife idea is pretty good - I hadn't thought about that one.
The "first date" thing to me is so much more about her being a teenager - the "invincibility" myth that is present during that time.
Since the third wife issue was at the end of Eclipse, I wonder how (if at all) it will change their relationship. Once Edward left and came back I think their relationship really deepened. Perhaps it will again.

message 44: by Naomi (new) - rated it 1 star

Naomi your right! And the third wife idea is really cool...i liked it...

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

yep!♥

Sarah The third wife idea was good.

Sarah How the wife sacrificed herself to save her family.

Ashley Laura:

I havent read that outtake yet, but to answer your question, no, I dont think that Bella could do the same for Edward but only because she hasnt been around for as long as Edward has- he has seen more of the world than she has.

Ashley And about what Ruby said about James... she didnt do that to save Edward or benefit him, but to save her mom.

message 50: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby yeah i finally got that after i posted that comment. sorry.

« previous 1