Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Phantom author page is a duplicate-can't claim

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominick (last edited Jun 04, 2020 03:27PM) (new)

Dominick Domingo | 16 comments I'm hoping a librarian can help out...I have done as much searching among the discussion topics as I can and it seems (I may be wrong) I need a librarian to make the needed change. I am putting branding into high gear and wish to use Goodreads more effectively. I have noticed quite a few errors and details I could fix simply by 'editing' certain books. But some I have no access to because they are 'claimed by' (linked to) an author page by my name which I did not create and do not manage. My proper Author page is: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... The 'phantom' author page with erroneous details is: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... Once the change is made, the cross-referencing accurate, I will be able to claim certain titles I currently cannot. Then I hope to be able to 'edit' the books and make the needed changes (like a missing cover thumbnail, etc. and one book attributed to that doppelganger is one I illustrated but did not author) If I run into any more snags at that point I may reach out again. Thanks in advance for any help!!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 15616 comments I have moved the books to your profile. Please review the librarian manual before making any edits.

message 3: by Dominick (new)

Dominick Domingo | 16 comments I will. Thanks!

message 4: by Dominick (new)

Dominick Domingo | 16 comments Thank you for acting so quickly! Any way to 'unlink' 'Castle of Horror?' As I said, I was just the illustrator, not the author. And it's a bit mortifying. :-) I am learning as much as I can abt. Goodreads and will continue to, but my research is interspersed with a lot of other obligations/deadlines at the moment. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 15616 comments No, interior illustrators are valid credits.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 40275 comments Mod
Dominick wrote: "Any way to 'unlink' 'Castle of Horror?' As I said, I was just the illustrator, not the author."

The record clearly indicates you were the illustrator. We don not remove valid book data, and you did contribute to the work.

message 7: by Dominick (new)

Dominick Domingo | 16 comments I did not deny being the illustrator. But it does not belong on my AUTHOR page.

message 8: by lethe (last edited Jun 04, 2020 04:05PM) (new)

lethe | 13492 comments Dominick wrote: "I did not deny being the illustrator. But it does not belong on my AUTHOR page."

Illustrators, same as translators and other contributors, are regarded as secondary authors. This is the case not only on Goodreads, but also in library catalogues etc.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.