SCPL Teens discussion

Debates > Book vs. eBook

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
Do you like reading physical books or do you prefer eBooks?

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily | 52 comments I like physical books, because they give me a tangible reminder to read them. With eBooks, I tend to forget I even have them, because they get lost on my phone with everything else. When I have a physical book, I see it every time I walk into the room, so I remember to read it.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 6 comments I prefer physical books because it lets me physically see my end point and how far I have to go until I reach my goal. Also, with ebooks I am more likely to get a headache.

message 4: by Bally (new)

Bally Warren | 18 comments I prefer physical books because I like flipping through pages rather than scrolling and swiping, and ebooks can strain my eyes after a while.

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
I agree! I prefer a physical book.

Do you think that it’s harder to have an emotional relationship with what you’re reading if it’s on an electronic device?

message 6: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Ramunno | 31 comments I prefer physical books. They enhance the entire experience of reading!

message 7: by M (new)

M | 11 comments I prefer physical books since I already spend time on my phone as it is, and reading is my way to escape that and do something better with my time. I also don’t like being on a device for extended periods of times so reading physical books prevents my eyes from straining in front of a screen.

message 8: by Aaditya (new)

Aaditya Balasubramaniyan | 7 comments My preference would be ebooks. This is because of environmental reasons. Global warming and climate change occurs due to deforestation. Making physical books requires paper from trees, thus cutting down of more trees. If the society demands more physical books, there won't be a society to read these books in a few years.

message 9: by Janell (new)

Janell | 11 comments I prefer physical books. It's just not the same experience on an ebook. Plus, I'm the type of person to binge-read for eight hours straight, and I can't do that on an ebook because my eyes will start to hurt.

message 10: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Garrabrant | 27 comments I prefer physical books because I want to be able to hold the books I love. I like having a bookshelf to choose from, but I don't mind reading ebooks if I don't have any physical copies with me. I also like physical books because I'm allowed to read them in class, but you're not usually allowed to be on your phone in class.

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy Chan | 4 comments I prefer physical books generally, but I definitely use ebooks more due to convenience. My eyes get less tired on physical books and there's just this nice 'feel' about physical books. On the other hand, ebooks are way easier to store and read since they can be transferred between multiple devices and don't take up physical space.

message 12: by Logan (new)

Logan | 9 comments I prefer physical books. I think physical books create suspense because in order to see what is next you have to flip the page. I think it is a lot more interesting to read a hard copy because it also immerses you in the story. An ebook would probably distract me to the point where I wouldn’t be as interested if it is reading down the page. Overall physical books are fun to keep you glued to the page or in shock with the events that occur without loosing the meaning of real literature.