Clean Romance Book Group. discussion

John Green
This topic is about John Green
John Green

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Ruby Rose | 1153 comments Mod
Here you go!

message 2: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 613 comments Mod
Thanks, Ruby! I've only read one book by John Green, but I plan to read The Fault In Our Stars this year. I need that book that makes you cry your eyeballs out!
The book that I read was Paper Towns, not the best book ever, but I still think it was great!

message 3: by Macy (new)

Macy (maggieviolet) | 122 comments I've read TFIOS and I started Paper Towns. I loved TFioS!! You will totally cry your eyeballs out

message 4: by Macy (new)

Macy (maggieviolet) | 122 comments I've read TFIOS and I started Paper Towns. I loved TFioS!! You will totally cry your eyeballs out

message 5: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Ok, great to know! :)

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara | 101 comments Rip I didn't cry. I think that's because I knew the major spoiler though :(

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but John Green's novels aren't always clean?

message 7: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

That is correct!

message 8: by Toph Beifong (new)

Toph Beifong (sirija12) Nope...in fact TFIOS isn't clean...but he's written books like 'an abundance of Katherines' and 'Let it snow' which are clean I guess

message 9: by Toph Beifong (new)

Toph Beifong (sirija12) (I dont think a lot of people agree with my definition of clean so I dont know whether they are considered clean or not)

message 10: by Toph Beifong (new)

Toph Beifong (sirija12) Also
Thank you Ruby!

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara | 101 comments Sirija wrote: "Nope...in fact TFIOS isn't clean...but he's written books like 'an abundance of Katherines' and 'Let it snow' which are clean I guess"

When I read TFIOS I didn't really think it was clean (although this was also a year ago so I don't really remember).

Although thanks for telling me which ones are more clean!

message 12: by Macy (new)

Macy (maggieviolet) | 122 comments Sirija wrote: "Nope...in fact TFIOS isn't clean...but he's written books like 'an abundance of Katherines' and 'Let it snow' which are clean I guess"

Is there any language or ..intimacy in An Abundance of Katherines?

message 13: by Toph Beifong (last edited Jun 02, 2020 12:43PM) (new)

Toph Beifong (sirija12) Macy wrote: "Is there any language or ..intimacy in An Abun..."

Technically there is not much cussing in the book cause they have a different way of dropping the f bomb (they say 'fug' instead). And coming to intimacy, the main characters do nothing more than kiss...but there are mentions of one or two characters standing stark naked with their genitals on display...I guess it doesn't come under clean romance after all

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Paper Towns is definitely clean (if memory serves me right), though there isn't a lot of romance in it...

message 15: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

That's true. Yea, just some swearing. I would say it's more of a mystery book than a romance one.

message 16: by Toph Beifong (last edited Jun 02, 2020 12:45PM) (new)

Toph Beifong (sirija12) BirdLover64 wrote: "I’ve never read any books by John Green. Well, none that I know of. I’ll try one of his books. Any suggestions on which book of his I should read first?"

I would say 'Looking for Alaska' (it's a personal favourite)...But it isn't clean at all...It has a sex scene and a lot of cussing
If you are looking for clean romance then I'd suggest 'Let it Snow'. (view spoiler)

message 17: by Toph Beifong (last edited Jun 03, 2020 10:37AM) (new)

Toph Beifong (sirija12) BirdLover64 wrote: "I read the first 30 pages.
I like it so far... I think I'm actually going to like it."

Glad to hear! Also, are you reading looking for Alaska or let it snow?

message 18: by Deacon Tom (new)

Deacon Tom F | 3 comments I love John Green. I have read every book in our library.

message 19: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Wow. I obviously need to read some of his books...

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments I loved TFIOS! It was so sad tho.

message 21: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (last edited Jun 08, 2020 07:18PM) (new)

Macy told me that I would cry my eyeballs out when I read TFIOS, can't wait! Lol, does that sound weird?

message 22: by Lilli Gilliam (new)

Lilli Gilliam Becca da wrote: "Macy told me that I would cry my eyeballs out when I read TFIOS, can't wait! Lol, does that sound weird?"

Yes? :)

message 23: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Well I need a cry my eyeballs out book this year, you know? I like to feel emotion!

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Becca da wrote: "Macy told me that I would cry my eyeballs out when I read TFIOS, can't wait! Lol, does that sound weird?"

No not at all! If a book makes you cry, you know it's good, so you are excited to read a good book!

message 25: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Agree.

message 26: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Jun 12, 2020 05:33AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Oof, I did NOT cry during The Fault in Our Stars, not even when (view spoiler) To be honest, I've never ever cried when reading in my life!!

message 27: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

*gasps* WHAT?! You have never cried while reading..? Ever.? Even when someone DIES??

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Becca da wrote: "*gasps* WHAT?! You have never cried while reading..? Ever.? Even when someone DIES??"

Uhhhhhhh... Nope. I'm bonkers. *Shrug*

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Because partly I suspect the author will find excuses to make the dead chap come back to life. Likeee in A Court Of Thorns and Roses?? Have you read that?

message 30: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Ohhh okay. No, I haven’t read that.

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments I read Looking for Alaska by John Green not too long ago, and it was pretty good. I loved the writing, John Green is an exceptional writer. The plot was not as good as TFIOS tho. So I’m conclusion. LfA was good, not not that good, whereas TFIOS was amazing