Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Paranormal > [PRE-ORDER + FREE EBOOK] Contemporary Fantasy about Summoning Magic

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (last edited Jun 29, 2020 06:46AM) (new)

Rachael Arsenault | 11 comments Hey all!

Last year I released She Who Rises, the first book in my A New Age of Magic series, which can currently be found as an ebook on Amazon. You can read an excerpt from the book I shared here prior to its release, if you're curious and want a peak before you purchase.

She Who Rises (A New Age of Magic #1) by Rachael Arsenault
Amber Martel just wants to get through her Master’s degree. Or at least make an attempt at it. She’s early into her first semester and is feeling the weight of self-doubt and heartbreak as she tries to organize her thesis and deal with living on her own for the first time. It’s more than enough stress in her 23-year-old life.

A research trip to a natural history museum throws her life into new chaos, however, when she touches a piece of quartz and unleashes an explosion that is destructive, powerful – and magical. Now Amber finds herself in the care of two women, Farida and Masika, who claim to have connections to the origins of magic. They tell Amber that she is special, that magic outside their family is unprecedented, and that she needs to help them.

Amber wants nothing more than to go home, but it soon becomes clear that might not be safe. Strangers attack them with magic they shouldn’t possess, local police are pointing to them as terrorism suspects, and an enemy from the early days of magic has returned – even though he should be long dead.

EDIT: Right now, She Who Rises is available for FREE download over on Amazon, so if you're curious about the series now is the best time to start! Sale ends July 3rd, 2020.

The sequel, Those Who Fall, will be out July 15th and is currently available for pre-order. This book also has a free scene available on my Goodreads blog if you want to check it out.

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Arsenault | 11 comments Posting again to let everyone know that She Who Rises, the first book in A New Age of Magic, is currently available for free download over on Amazon. Sale ends July 3rd, 2020.