SCPL Online Fiction Book Club discussion

The Testaments > Conclusion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SCPL Fiction (new)

SCPL Fiction | 99 comments Mod
Well, we've reached the end of May and the end of discussing The Testaments. How did you feel about the book? What kind of rating would you give it?

Much like in The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood leaves some questions for The Testaments. When or if you read The Handmaid’s Tale, did you find that some of your questions got answered in The Testaments? What kind of unanswered questions do you have now?

For me, I enjoyed that the ending was a lot more hopeful than that of The Handmaid's Tale. I liked this book overall, though I still kind of question whether or not it was completely necessary to have a follow-up after all these years.

message 2: by Lillian (new)

Lillian (ladylil) | 10 comments I wonder if the follow up was necessitated by the show? Maybe Atwood had ideas and the showrunners asked her and there was enough to make a second book, or Atwood had to give the show a direction? hopefully if this is how Testaments ends, like you said on a hopeful note, the show, which is hard to watch at times, will also end on a hopeful note?