Series to Finish challenge discussion

Readathons 2020 > June readathon (15th-21st)

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry for the delay in posting, you can start planning now.

Let's review our guidelines:

📚 You can read any book that is part of a series
📚The readathon starts at 12 o’clock in whatever timezone you’re in
📚Buddy reads are always welcome
📚Share your progress on social media using #SeriesTF2020

As always, we'll post about it on the blog the Monday before it starts.

message 2: by Elyse (last edited May 28, 2020 05:11AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I will be reading the Murderbot Diaries which will not count towards the yearly challenge as a new novella is coming out next year but WILL count for the readathon! :) As will The Expanse books since the final book comes out next year.

This is my TBR for SciFiJune:
E-Book
All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells (re-read) Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2) by Martha Wells Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3) by Martha Wells Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4) by Martha Wells Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5) by Martha Wells Archangel (Spectre War, #2) by Margaret Fortune
Audio
Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse, #1) by James S.A. Corey Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. Corey
Physical
Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 4.5) by Marissa Meyer Wires and Nerve (Wires and Nerve, #1) by Marissa Meyer Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2) by Marissa Meyer Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert

message 3: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments I have some galleys that are all starts to series:
Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1) by Elle Cosimano Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1) by Lori M. Lee Hunted by the Sky (Hunted by the Sky, #1) by Tanaz Bhathena
and one series ender
The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3) by S.A. Chakraborty

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

@Elyse I hope everything is okay with you and the surgery goes smoothly! If the novella is a novella and not a main book then the series definetely counts for 2020! Novellas are included in the readathon but since some are optional they are not a must read.

@Ruthsic Another series! I heard great things about Forest of Souls so I hope you love it as much as people are saying they do.

message 5: by Elyse (last edited May 28, 2020 09:35AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Anna wrote: "@Elyse I hope everything is okay with you and the surgery goes smoothly! If the novella is a novella and not a main book then the series definetely counts for 2020! Novellas are included in the rea..."

In this case, the whole series is a series of novellas, all less than 200 pages, with just one full-length novel that came out this year.

message 6: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments Elyse wrote: "Anna wrote: "@Elyse I hope everything is okay with you and the surgery goes smoothly! If the novella is a novella and not a main book then the series definetely counts for 2020! Novellas are includ..."

Oh yeah I counted the Murderbot Diaries - they started off as a novella series (which itself is a complete arc tbh) which were still main books, and then there was a full-length novel this year.

message 7: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Ruthsic wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Anna wrote: "@Elyse I hope everything is okay with you and the surgery goes smoothly! If the novella is a novella and not a main book then the series definetely counts for 2020! Novel..."

Ahhh good point!

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 180 comments Mod
Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I will be reading t..."

I hope your surgery goes well but yay for more reading time! you have some good looking books on your tbr so good luck and enjoy them

message 9: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Tiffany wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I wil..."

Thanks!

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 213 comments Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I will be reading t..."

I hope everything goes well with the surgery! and hope you enjoy all your books!!

Ruthsic wrote: "I have some galleys that are all starts to series:
Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1) by Elle Cosimano Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1) by Lori M. Lee Hunted by the Sky (Hunted by the Sky, #1) by Tanaz Bhathena
and one series ender
[bookco..."

I'm also hoping to read The Empire of Gold this summer and Forest of Souls seems pretty interesting!

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 213 comments My TBR for the readathon:

finish reading: The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2) by Christine Lynn Herman

Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison Apollyon (Covenant, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Sentinel (Covenant, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman (reread)

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I will be reading t..."

Sending all the good vibes that your surgery goes well!!

message 13: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments Ruthsic wrote: "I have some galleys that are all starts to series:
and one series ender
[bookco..."

I'm really looking forward to Empire of Gold!!! I'm first in line for the audio book from my library!!!
I also have all the other books on my tbr too!!!

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments I finished The Deck of Omens a couple weeks ago and thought it was fantastic!!!
The Hollows - one of my all-time favorite series!!

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks) wrote: "My TBR for the readathon:

finish reading: The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2) by Christine Lynn Herman

Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim HarrisonA Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison Apollyon (Covenant, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout[bookcover:Sentine..."

message 15: by Theresa (last edited Jun 14, 2020 12:43PM) (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments Here is my tbr for the week:
(we'll see how it goes, my spouse is home all week, so less reading time for me...)

audio:
Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Delphi Revolution (The Delphi Trilogy, #3) by Rysa Walker Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle #2) by Amie Kaufman Outrage (The Singular Menace, #2) by John Sandford Girl on a Wire (Cirque American, #1) by Gwenda Bond

ebook:
Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1) by Grace Draven Resist (Redzone #2) by Tracey Martin

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I will be reading t..."

Hope everything goes well, Elyse!

message 17: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments I will be reading Everything's Eventual which contains The Little Sisters of Eluria so with this I’ll be finishing The Dark Tower series.

I hope to finish Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes and start Percy Jackson's Greek Gods so I can finish the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

message 18: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks) wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I wil..."

Thank you!

message 19: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Susy wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I wil..."

Thank you!

message 20: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Theresa wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I'm getting minor surgery on the 17th and will be out of work for the rest of the week (and possibly longer) so woohoo for more reading time! Also SciFiJune is happening! I know I wil..."

Thank you!

message 21: by Elyse (last edited Jun 14, 2020 04:58PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments I've been doing really well reading this month so far and the books I'm on now are: Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3) by Martha Wells Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. Corey (audio)
I've added another sci-fi trilogy to my stack, the first I am re-reading starting tomorrow: Dove Arising (Dove Chronicles, #1) by Karen Bao Dove Exiled (Dove Chronicles, #2) by Karen Bao Dove Alight (Dove Chronicles, #3) by Karen Bao
My surgery is Wednesday and I'll be working my butt off Monday and Tuesday before I stop working for the week so I doubt I'll be getting much read for the beginning of the 'thon!

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cassidy | 99 comments Finally able to join!!!
My TBR includes: Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2) by Richelle Mead Boy of Blood (Girl of Glass, #2) by Megan O'Russell Rebel (Legend, #4) by Marie Lu The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the first day of the readathon everyone :) Wow, you all have amazing TBRs, we hope you get a great start on them today.

message 24: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments I have the day off today, yay! So I slept in, read a bit in the morning, then went to the movies now that that is possible again (watched Richard Jewell, a very gripping movie) and just got back home so I can continue my reading.

Happy reading everyone!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

How's everyone doing? Are you making progress?

message 26: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Not much but I have this afternoon off so hoping to get some reading done (if I don’t fall asleep)

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cassidy | 99 comments Anna wrote: "How's everyone doing? Are you making progress?"

I finished one book on my TBR, which is something.

message 28: by Elyse (last edited Jun 20, 2020 05:32AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments I'm back on Goodreads after a few days of recovery. I did manage to read a lot! And nap a lot. lol.
I finished listening to Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. Corey . I finished reading Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3) by Martha Wells Dove Arising (Dove Chronicles, #1) by Karen Bao and started reading Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4) by Martha Wells Dove Exiled (Dove Chronicles, #2) by Karen Bao . I've read about 40 pages of Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert as well.
But today I plan on bingeing the Firefly graphic novels: Those Left Behind (Serenity, #1) by Joss Whedon Better Days and Other Stories (Serenity, #2) by Joss Whedon The Shepherd's Tale (Serenity, #3) by Joss Whedon Leaves on the Wind (Serenity, #4) by Zack Whedon Serenity No Power in the 'Verse by Chris Roberson

message 29: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Hope all went well Elyse! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

message 30: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments Susy wrote: "Hope all went well Elyse! Wishing you a speedy recovery!"

Thank you! It was the best case scenario! So I should be back to work on Monday. Booo. lol.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so happy to read everything went well Elyse, and you definetely read a lot, so at least you were entertained.

message 32: by Deanie (new)

Deanie Nelder | 1 comments Series to Finish June Readathon (June 15-21, 2020)

Books Read:

Boston Doms: Her Protector (Boston Doms #3) by Jane Henry His Lady (Boston Doms #5) by Jane Henry

NYC Doms: Deliverance (NYC Doms #1) by Jane Henry Conviction (NYC Doms, #3) by Jane Henry

Counterstrike: Protecting Mari (Special Forces Operation Alpha / Counterstrike Book 1) by Cara Carnes

Undeniable: Undeniably His (Undeniable #1) by Ramona Gray Undeniably Hers (Undeniable #2) by Ramona Gray Undeniably Theirs (Undeniable #3) by Ramona Gray

Working Men: The Bartender (Working Men, #3) by Ramona Gray The Paramedic (The Working Men Series Book 9) by Ramona Gray The Welder (Working Men Series Book 4) by Ramona Gray

The ShadowDance Club: Jenna's Submission (The ShadowDance Club, #2) by Avery Gale

Hard Ink/Blasphemy: Hard to Serve (Blasphemy #0.5; Hard Ink #4.7) by Laura Kaye

Fighting for Love: Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1) by Gina L. Maxwell

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 213 comments I didn't get to read all the books I wanted but I hope to get to them soon.

I finished reading:
The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2) by Christine Lynn Herman A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1) by Holly Jackson Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco

and I'm still reading:
Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

@Deanie All this in a week? That's amazing

@Rafaela Yes, you got to start Aurora Rising :)

We'll be posting the wrap up post and poll later today.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's the wrap up post:
https://seriestofinish.wordpress.com/...

You can access the poll on the sidebar or go directly here:
https://poll.fm/10570618

It ends on Friday and you can vote for 2 different weeks.

message 36: by Elyse (last edited Jun 22, 2020 01:58PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 498 comments My wrap-up. Pretty happy.

Read
Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3) by Martha Wells Dove Arising (Dove Chronicles, #1) by Karen Bao Those Left Behind (Serenity, #1) by Joss Whedon Better Days and Other Stories (Serenity, #2) by Joss Whedon The Shepherd's Tale (Serenity, #3) by Joss Whedon Leaves on the Wind (Serenity, #4) by Zack Whedon Serenity No Power in the 'Verse by Chris Roberson Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4) by Martha Wells
Listened
Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. Corey
I also read half of Dove Exiled (Dove Chronicles, #2) by Karen Bao which I'm hoping to finish today.

message 37: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments I did a lot better than I thought I would!!!

Finished audios:
Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Delphi Revolution (The Delphi Trilogy, #3) by Rysa Walker Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2) by Amie Kaufman Outrage (The Singular Menace, #2) by John Sandford Girl on a Wire (Cirque American, #1) by Gwenda Bond Nowhere To Run (Joe Pickett, #10) by C.J. Box Rampage (The Singular Menace, #3) by John Sandford Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2) by Gwenda Bond
started listening to: Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1) by Sarah Fine

ebooks:
I finished: Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1) by Grace Draven
Started reading: Resist (Redzone #2) by Tracey Martin

message 38: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments I didn't do my TBR exactly but I still read these
Manga
Komi Can't Communicate, Vol. 8 by Tomohito Oda Blue Flag, Tome 3 (Blue Flag, #3) by Kaito
First books in series
Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1) by Lori M. Lee Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1 No Normal by G. Willow Wilson The Extraordinaries (The Extraordinaries, #1) by T.J. Klune
Audiobooks:
A Local Habitation (October Daye, #2) by Seanan McGuire An Artificial Night (October Daye, #3) by Seanan McGuire

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cassidy | 99 comments I totally did not stick to my TBR.
I did manage to read: Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 27, 2020 07:49AM) (new)

Winning week for July is 20th-26th. I cannot post the thread until tomorrow but I wanted to let you know so that you could start preparing. It seems like everyone did amazingly in June and I hope that continues in July :)