Paranormal Women's Fiction Fanatics discussion

Crypts/Dead Threads > Terri Reid - Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mysteries

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hockey Mama (last edited May 28, 2020 01:32AM) (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Loose Ends (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #1) by Terri Reid Good Tidings (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #2) by Terri Reid Never Forgotten (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #3) by Terri Reid Final Call (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #4) by Terri Reid Darkness Exposed (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #5) by Terri Reid
Linked first five books

20 books in this series.

Blurb for the first book;
Dying is what changed Mary O’Reilly’s life. Well, actually, coming back from the dead and having the ability to communicate with ghosts is really what did it.

Now, a private investigator in rural Freeport, Illinois, Mary’s trying to learn how to incorporate her experience as a Chicago cop and new-found talent into a real job. Her challenge is to solve the mysteries, get real evidence (a ghost’s word just doesn’t hold up in court), and be sure the folks in town, especially the handsome new police chief, doesn’t think she’s nuts.

Twenty-four years ago, a young woman drowned in the swimming pool of a newly elected State Senator. It was ruled an accident. But now, as the Senator prepares to move on to higher positions, the ghost of the woman is appearing to the Senator’s wife.

Mary is hired to discover the truth behind the death. She unearths a connection between the murder and the disappearance of five little girls whose cases, twenty-four years later, are still all unsolved. As she digs further, she becomes the next target for the serial killers’ quest to tie up all his loose ends.

message 2: by Hockey Mama (last edited May 28, 2020 01:32AM) (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments I enjoyed this series. Fun read, page turner. Good mysteries!!
First published 2010
Available Kindle Unlimited.

message 3: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Namita  | 159 comments Mod
The heroine is a mature lady?

message 4: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Namita,
I am not sure she is over 40. However, She is not college age either.
She has attended college, received a degree, and worked as a police officer for a number of years.
I will do research to find her age.
I related to this character, I felt she was older than in her twenties. Maybe mid 30's. But not sure.

message 5: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments The first book has gotten almost 1500 reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/Loose-Ends-Mar...

message 6: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments I'll keep researching

message 7: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Thanks. The reason I asked was because this is for promoting the genre and older mature heroines.

I actually have started reading. I’ll see what it feels like.

message 8: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

No, I don’t think this book qualifies. There is no mention of age. If she was in her 30’s it would have worked really well. I think it’s just cozy and chic- lit.

I’ll move this thread to the crypt.

Appreciate the info. The thread is not deleted.

message 9: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Well, I don't understand then. Because this reads much like the rest of the books in this genre.

It has;
-Woman Character
-Woman Author
-It's a Paranormal Mystery

-Great writing!!!!

Are you going to keep reading??? Don't stop too early.

Or does it have to have things like the others in this genre;

Does it have to have romance? (that happens later, along with a marriage, adoption, ghosts, guardian angels, pregnancy, and birth,)

Does it have to have marriage on the rocks? or a Divorce?

message 10: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

I’ll ask around to see. From what I could understand all the PWF heroines are around 40 or over. Divorced, married or widowed or single but over 40. I’ll check with the other Mod to make sure.

I did enjoy the first book. Question for you, when do we find out about Bradley’s wife?

message 11: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (last edited May 29, 2020 07:14AM) (new)

Found a reference to her age. She’s in her 30s. I’ll take it. I’ve PM’d the other Mod. Just to be sure.

I’m on book #2

message 12: by Hockey Mama (last edited Jun 02, 2020 10:39PM) (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Bradley's wife will come into play soon. At the end of book 2 she shows up, more in book 3...that topic won't be ignored.

I know Bradley joined the military after HS. 18+4 is 22.
He was married for 4 yrs. 26yrs. Then he's looked for his wife for 8+ yrs. 34-35yrs. So I think Mary is at least that old. I am relistening to it right now, so eventually Ill find out her age soon. :-)

message 13: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

I am on #3 it’s a good series. I’m enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation Hockey Mama!!

message 14: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments You're welcome.
I was impressed too, I wasn't expecting the fun series.
I'm rereading/listening to them. I just start book 4 again. :-)

message 15: by Hockey Mama (last edited May 31, 2020 03:12PM) (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Omg. Book 5. Conversation about sledding! Lmao!

message 16: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hockey Mama wrote: "Omg. Book 5. Conversation about sledding! Lmao!"

Bahaha!!! That was hilarious!! I laughed so much.

message 17: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments And the black spandex t-shirt!!

Kat, lover of bears... (kati3kat) | 8 comments Namita wrote: "I’ll ask around to see. From what I could understand all the PWF heroines are around 40 or over. Divorced, married or widowed or single but over 40. I’ll check with the other Mod to make sure.

I ..."

Elizabeth Hunter's Glimmer Lake series has a married heroine in it and her hubby is hilarious and awesome.

message 19: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

@Hockey Mama, what’s going on with Ian and Gillian? I don’t want him to be sad.

message 20: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Yeah. There's a side story to that one about Gillian.
A few short stories here and there with Mary.
And a few Novella's with Mary as well.

Also, Sean has a story that's really good.
The Order of Brigid's Cross (The Wild Hunt #1)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The Order of Brigid's Cross - The Faery Portal (Book Two)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

(I've read the first of this series, book 2 is ready to be read on my Kindle. I enjoyed Sean's Character. Gillian is in this series)

Art has a series as well.
The Blackwood Files - File One: Family Secrets
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
The Blackwood Files : File Two: Private Wars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 21: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments “Love ain’t a pie, Rosie,” he explained. “You don’t only got so much to go around. Loving someone don’t take the love from someone else."
-Stanley; "Broken Promises" (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #8) by Terri Reid

message 22: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Such a fun series. I am enjoying the second time through. Thanks for prompting me to read again, after I suggested this. I am glad you're liking this Namita. Thank you for giving it a chance. I don't have anyone to talk to about this series.

message 23: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

My pleasure. I binge read the series. Easy to read. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 24: by T. (new)

T. (schneidt79) | 5 comments Yes! Already a fan! I've only read the 1st 2 bks so far... My TBR list is insanely long!