What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Golden Fire
This topic is about Golden Fire
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Historical Romance: Young lady sets out to travel across the prairie, pays gentleman to marry her & act as guide. They join a group of families in wagons, pretend to be happily married & fall in love. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E (new) - added it

E | 6 comments (Spoiler ahead) I don’t remember much about the plot other than there’s a scene where Seneca and Miles are trying to appear like a loving couple in front of their fellow travelers so he lays his head in her lap, then tries to kiss her, but she jerks away after their lips touch and bumps her head on a wagon wheel.

message 2: by Husna (new)

Husna | 24 comments are you sure those are their names?
I seem to recall something similar. They're escaping together and have to pretend to be married/in love, and they need to pass through a border patrol unnoticed, so they join a travelling circus and he does sword throwing and she does fortune telling. Do you recall anything like this?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
E, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

Add "historical" (romance) to the topic header. Feel free to update it.

message 4: by E (new) - added it

E | 6 comments @Husna, I may be wrong about their names, but I’m pretty sure they weren’t in a circus

@Kris, I read this sometime between 2003 and 2005. Will do!

message 5: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine | 21 comments Well, I found a book with characters named Miles and Seneca. The Google books preview seems to have mentions of travelling in wagons as well. It's called Golden Fire, by Kathy Jones. (Sorry, I'm not sure how to link to the book)

message 6: by JennyG (new) - added it

JennyG | 550 comments Link to Madeleine's suggestion: Golden Fire by Kathy Jones Golden Fire by Kathy Jones

message 7: by E (new) - added it

E | 6 comments @Madeleine @JennyG thank you!! That’s the one!

message 8: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine | 21 comments You're very welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Golden Fire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathy Jones (other topics)