Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking beta for poetry book (completed, 110 pages)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reina (new)

Reina Regina (reinaxregina) | 2 comments Hi!

I've recently finished my poetry book and I'd love to have someone impartial look it over. I know poetry is very subjective, so I'm not aiming (vainly) to please everybody, but I'm looking for advice on turning out something that's technically sound, easy on the eyes, and relatable to the general public!

Here's a bit of the blurb to add context:

These haikus, poems, and prose pieces are about

the miracle of being wanted back by someone we want,
the desperation of keeping them from leaving when they don't anymore,
the rawness of seeking reassurance that we are loved as we are, and
the tenderness we feel when we're sending love out to others

- all those moments when we are making our need to be accepted plain
and praying,
please pick me.

Small TW: There are sprinkled mentions of anxiety, which I struggle with, and one mention of a su*cide note.

While I hope the book turns out to be enjoyable, I'm totally open to hearing about what doesn't spark joy so I can make revisions. As they say, the more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle!

If you're interested, it would be great if you could turn the comments around in two weeks' time. The whole thing is only about 110 pages.

Any help appreciated!

Love and good juju,
Reina

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Ellis (writervictoriaellis) | 33 comments I'd love to. I have two poetry collections as well. writervictoriaellis@gmail.com

message 3: by Reina (new)

Reina Regina (reinaxregina) | 2 comments Victoria wrote: "I'd love to. I have two poetry collections as well. writervictoriaellis@gmail.com"

Emailing you now! Thank you, Victoria!