What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Horror books with lots of gore.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bonafide Bookworm | 16 comments Blood, guts, decapitations etc. The whole nine yards!

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1478 comments To start off, Books of Blood: Volumes 1-6 is an obvious pick. I haven't tracked down a copy yet, but Exquisite Corpse is somewhat infamous for being turned down by several publishers due to it being considered too disturbing for mainstream audiences. That's what I've got now; I'll probably come up with some more later.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1478 comments A few more (some I've read, some I've heard of but haven't read):
The Drive-In
Book of the Dead
The Kill Riff

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (ryancan564) | 61 comments If you are into juvenile books, you can try The Awakening Evil from the Fear Street series by R.L. Stine. It's part of the Sagas spin-off, but no need to read the other books that came before it, because it's a standalone story. Despite how short the story is, it is really descriptive of the gore and violence that occurs, more than the other books in the series.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk is notoriously graphic. You may like his other books too although not all are in the horror genre.

message 7: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 241 comments It's more of psychological horror, but you might like Out. There are blood and guts in it.

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1079 comments John Dies at the End by David Wong. John Dies at the End

message 10: by The rockabilly werewolf from Mars (last edited Jun 03, 2020 06:34AM) (new)

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1478 comments There's also the notorious Feast, widely regarded as one of the most absolutely insane horror novels of all time.