☆ Reading by Starlight ☆ discussion

Bookish This or That! > Book to Movie Adaptions or Book to TV Series Adaptations?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

its.me.the.bibliophile (itsmethebibliophile) | 110 comments Mod
Do you prefer book to movie adaptations or book to tv series adaptations?

Ashi✿TheAvidReader Books to TV series adaptation. Because then at least I can talk to my IRL friends about the story and characters (None of them read...one of them hasn't even read Harry Potter!!!)

message 3: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

its.me.the.bibliophile (itsmethebibliophile) | 110 comments Mod
Ashi wrote: "Books to TV series adaptation. Because then at least I can talk to my IRL friends about the story and characters (None of them read...one of them hasn't even read Harry Potter!!!)"

Oh yikes!! That's rough! None of my IRL friends really read or if they do...they don't read YA...so I feel like we're in a similar boat there. I like both adaptations though! My friends & family prefer movies...so I'd get them hooked on that more than TV shows.

message 4: by ezgibrsz (new)

ezgibrsz | 25 comments Tv series

message 5: by Ashi✿TheAvidReader (last edited May 28, 2020 11:11PM) (new)

Ashi✿TheAvidReader In movies they remove many important plot points (etc...) to compress it all into a 2 hrs movie... Nothing is more irritating than explaining to sameone who has only watched the Harry Potter Movies that why I love Ginny so much( They so didn't do justice to her badass nature) or Dumbledore's funeral....
And don't even start me me on the Percy Jackson Movies!!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

TV Series