☆ Reading by Starlight ☆ discussion

Bookish This or That! > Male Main Character or Female Main Character?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

its.me.the.bibliophile (itsmethebibliophile) | 110 comments Mod
Do you prefer a male main character or female main character?

message 2: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

Mishkat Pothiyawala wrote: "Always female!"

Really??? That's interesting! I enjoy reading from the male perspective...I guess cause it's normally so different from my own

message 3: by Becca da (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 30 comments I personally prefer Female, well because I'm a female and I can relate to more things that way, however, I have read some books that are told from a male perspective and they were really good!

FOR EXAMPLE: Harry Potter, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Refugee, and Paper Towns.

message 4: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

Mishkat Pothiyawala wrote: "Actually I never experienced any main character as male on any book except Harry Potter but will definitely like to read one!"

I have read a few that are strictly told from the male perspective (like the Maze Trials books) & some that go back & forth between female & male POV (I just finished Emergency Contact on audiobook & it was like that). I enjoy them!

message 5: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

Becca da wrote: "I personally prefer Female, well because I'm a female and I can relate to more things that way, however, I have read some books that are told from a male perspective and they were really good!

FOR..."

Gooooood point! It is easier to relate to a female POV most of the time. :)

youshouldalwaysreadbooks | 25 comments Female cause sometimes when female authors (who are the majority of authors I read from, not that I care about it) try to write about a male character's feelings and thoughts, they fail horribly

message 7: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

youshouldalwaysreadbooks wrote: "Female cause sometimes when female authors (who are the majority of authors I read from, not that I care about it) try to write about a male character's feelings and thoughts, they fail horribly"

Lol...I have found that the male brain does work waaaaaaay differently than the female one!

message 8: by Becca da (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 30 comments Some female authors do a pretty decent job for male perspectives, except most of the time the males are pretty cheesy, but I don't mind :)

message 9: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

Becca da wrote: "Some female authors do a pretty decent job for male perspectives, except most of the time the males are pretty cheesy, but I don't mind :)"

I find it really interesting! Do you have any favorite male POV books/characters?

message 10: by Becca da (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 30 comments I can't really think of any, but The Stand-In Boyfriend by Christina Benjamin alternates characters, so there is some male POV.

message 11: by its.me.the.bibliophile, Bibliophile :) (new)

Becca da wrote: "I can't really think of any, but The Stand-In Boyfriend by Christina Benjamin alternates characters, so there is some male POV."

Ooooo ill have to check it out, thanks!

Ashi✿TheAvidReader Both are pretty interesting... I usually love books that have at least 2 or 3 POVs. I like viewing the events of the book through different eyes.