BPC 8F discussion

American Born Chinese
This topic is about American Born Chinese
American Born Chinese > What do you think of the structure of this graphic novel?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Daniel Crosbie (cb_bpc) | 19 comments Mod
Even though it's a bit confusing at first, I like that it's consistent. 3x3x3.

message 2: by TIozzi (new)

TIozzi | 19 comments What I have realised now (rather than before when I first read graphic novels) is that the art on each page draws readers in.

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella | 20 comments At first, I was a little confused at the panels that go straight down but I don't read Graphic novels or comics as much but once I read the first few pages I started to get it.

message 4: by Jackson (new)

Jackson | 18 comments I liked the way the author structured the book because it wasn't hard to understand which way the text/pictures went.

message 5: by Weeraphap (new)

Weeraphap Senamart | 4 comments I didn't up the story at the start what was going on why was the monkey king in the story, but after I read the book more I now understand what was the author was trying to tell.

message 6: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Lane | 13 comments I think that the way the author structured this text is good because it doesn't have too many words on a page and the pictures even it out equally

message 7: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla Kyriakopoulos | 10 comments It isn't confusing because there are many pictures to help find out what everything means.
there are also not too many words on one page.

message 8: by Leiam (new)

Leiam Giouzepos | 20 comments I think it is alright however it would be better if the stories were together instead of it being separated.

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 12 comments The structure of the book is different from what I normally read but I liked the balance between the lengths of each chapter.

message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 11 comments I think that it is hard to understand how it works at the start but it gets easier as you get through the book.

message 11: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Nguyen | 15 comments I read a lot of manga, but I did find the book a bit challenging to read at first