Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 3K Creative Writing Piece

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilith (last edited May 27, 2020 04:30PM) (new)

Lilith Sin | 2 comments Hi! I am new here, so I apologize in advance if I am doing anything incorrectly.

I am looking for, hopefully, a couple of betas willing to read a rather unconventional piece of creative writing. I'm not sure how to term this piece, as I have, somehow, managed to write something between narrative, essay and prose poem in the form of a letter.

I ask that any betas interested are brutally honest with me. I am particularly interested in opinions on readability and flow. If there are any parts that are difficult to read, understand, too clunky, or simply feel like they don't belong at all, let me know. I also want an honest account of how reading this made you feel. My two biggest goals with this piece are to evoke strong emotions and for it to flow as smoothly as possible.

I am aware that this piece of writing is certainly unconventional, but I find myself oddly enamored with it and have decided it would perhaps do well in a collection of my other writings. Thank you to anyone willing to humor a 3,000+ word creative letter.

IMPORTANT: I also want to throw it out there that this piece is about abuse. It is not graphic in any way, however, if reading about the emotional impact of an abusive childhood could be triggering for you, then I warn you to proceed with caution.

message 2: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 144 comments Lilith wrote: "Hi! I am new here, so I apologize in advance if I am doing anything incorrectly.

I am looking for, hopefully, a couple of betas willing to read a rather unconventional piece of creative writing. I..."

Hi Lilith,

I'll have a look at it if you email it to me.

bspringett@iprimus.com.au

message 3: by Lilith (new)

Lilith Sin | 2 comments Tito wrote: "Lilith wrote: "Hi! I am new here, so I apologize in advance if I am doing anything incorrectly.

I am looking for, hopefully, a couple of betas willing to read a rather unconventional piece of crea..."

I went ahead and emailed it to you. I hope you find it a good read! I can't wait to hear your feedback.

message 4: by Ursula (new)

Ursula Iguarán | 3 comments To be able to be brutally honest is so tempting. Lol. If you're still looking for betareaders, let me know.

issnake.cobra@gmail.com

message 5: by abigail (new)

abigail (abigailbabbles) | 21 comments Hi! I'm so interested in what this might be, so feel free to email me at abigailbabbles@gmail.com if you'd still like a beta reader.