Collegedale Public Library discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (last edited May 27, 2020 02:30PM) (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 397 comments Mod
This month our category is a book that's a retelling of a fairy tale. We are doing this because our summer reading theme is Imagine Your Story. This is about fairy tales and mythology.

We would love it if all of you signed up for our summer reading program. Sign up at this link https://slp.collegedalepubliclibrary.... . You have to sign up each reader in your household on the one account. When you go in to record your progress daily, put a 1 in for your daily amount. 1 = a 20 minute session. Happy Reading!

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay Natalie recommended this one to me: I'm making it my book for this month.

Neil Gaiman: Norse Mythology

I also signed up for summer reading... and got my summer library card.

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina Mullins | 26 comments Mod
Neil Gaiman is a great author, Jay! Yay on signing up for summer reading and getting a card with us!

Jay wrote: "Natalie recommended this one to me: I'm making it my book for this month.

Neil Gaiman: Norse Mythology

I also signed up for summer reading... and got my summer library card."

message 4: by John (new)

John Willis | 29 comments I'm reading a reimagining of a russian fairy tale, the book is "The Bear and the Nightingale" by Katherine Arden. Thank you Kelly for helping me find this one.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 233 comments John wrote: "I'm reading a reimagining of a russian fairy tale, the book is "The Bear and the Nightingale" by Katherine Arden. Thank you Kelly for helping me find this one."

i enjoyed the bear and the nightingale. a similar one is echo north by Joanna ruth meyer. still trying to figure out which book i'll choose.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

I've heard about that one, John. Let us know how you like it.
John wrote: "I'm reading a reimagining of a russian fairy tale, the book is "The Bear and the Nightingale" by Katherine Arden. Thank you Kelly for helping me find this one."

message 7: by Kelly (last edited Jun 18, 2020 01:36PM) (new)

I am going to read Cinderella and the Glass Ceiling: And Other Feminist Fairy Tales by Laura Lane. I finally decide to purchase it.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 233 comments I read the sleeper and the spindle by Neil gaiman. It seems to be part of a series, or like the beginning of one. I expect it's in a book collection of short stories but I listened to it and it was on it's own. As such, not my favorite but might be better in a context.

message 9: by John (new)

John Willis | 29 comments Kelly, I enjoyed The Bear and the Nightingale, it isn't a genre that I read a lot of, but I enjoyed it enough that I will read the next book in the series. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Did Neil Gaiman narrate it?

Sara wrote: "I read the sleeper and the spindle by Neil gaiman. It seems to be part of a series, or like the beginning of one. I expect it's in a book collection of short stories but I listened to it and it was..."

message 11: by Kelly (new)

That's awesome, John! Glad that you liked it!

John wrote: "Kelly, I enjoyed The Bear and the Nightingale, it isn't a genre that I read a lot of, but I enjoyed it enough that I will read the next book in the series. Thanks for the recommendation."

message 12: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Gernhard | 52 comments I'm a little behind but going to read Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge.

message 13: by Kelly (new)

Sounds good!
Rebekah wrote: "I'm a little behind but going to read Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge."