Play Book Tag discussion

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore
May 2020: Other Books > Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan / 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meli (melihooker) | 3030 comments Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore is a mystery story that centers on a tragic incident in our protagonist Lydia's childhood.
What sets the story in motion, though, is the suicide of a regular at the Bright Idea's Bookstore in the bookstore (not a spoiler because this is included in the description of the book).

I loved this book and ripped through it in a few days.
Arguably there are a lot of convenient coincidences, but I think they can be logically explained, but also without these coincidences there is no book.

Highly recommend for readers looking for a gripping mystery that is unlike any other thriller you've read. Especially fun for bibliophiles as there is a lot of content around the bookstore and books.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3775 comments YAY! I loved the mashup of funny, dark, thriller, and mystery when I read it.

Meli (melihooker) | 3030 comments Joi wrote: "YAY! I loved the mashup of funny, dark, thriller, and mystery when I read it."

5 star twinsies! Yes! Great book :)

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8146 comments I enjoyed this one too!

message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6878 comments Is Lydia a good person and intelligent? I have a relative who is named Lydia and it seems often they are like Lydia Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, or nasty, etc. Also, my relative hates that song "Lydia the Tattooed Lady" sung by one of the Marx brothers.

Meli (melihooker) | 3030 comments Karin wrote: "Is Lydia a good person and intelligent? I have a relative who is named Lydia and it seems often they are like Lydia Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, or nasty, etc. Also, my relative hates that song ..."

She's definitely intelligent, and good I suppose... but not in a puritan way.