What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fat: A Love Story
This topic is about Fat
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA series I think. Overweight teen girl tormented for her weight falls for much older man who also admits feelings for her. I think his name started with an 'A'. He was her teacher or mentor of some kind. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Neidecker | 5 comments I read this somewhere around 1995, but it may be from earlier than that. I'm pretty sure there were several books, one of them may have taken place after they were together and they traveled to another country together. At some point she takes a job as a trashy romance writer to make money so that she can sneak off to see him, where they assign her a basic plot and she writes the rest of the book.

message 3: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Neidecker | 5 comments Thank you. I looked at every one of these, and none of them are right. Searching through these, I sort of remember that the titles all had a reference in them to weight.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19200 comments This really does sound familiar to me.

Maybe check the Plus-Size YA Heroines list, too?

message 5: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Neidecker | 5 comments Thank you! Amazingly, this worked. I went through the whole list and found it almost at the end. It was Fat: A Love Story by Barbara Wersba

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35180 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Tina. Here's the link - Fat: A Love Story by Barbara Wersba.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19200 comments Awesome, glad you found it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fat: A Love Story (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Barbara Wersba (other topics)