Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Help with Graphic Novel about old peeps

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles | 1 comments Hi, I've written (nearly) ten books of a graphic novel and would love to get some feedback. Hard to estimate word count but each book is about 40-50 pages & sorry, but no illustrations beyond roughs for #1. I can send typed pdfs of layouts.

It's called Super Old People and you can probably get the gist from there. Suffice it to say that it would be important to me to have the input of a somewhat older person (50+). Nuthin' against the younger folk (beyond their taste in music, clothes and entertainment) just sayin....

Since it's not straight prose, rates don't seem straightforward but I'm open to reasonable offers.

I'd love some feedback at a high & medium level:
-Is the premise engaging?
-Am I dealing OK with the limitations that come with the idea?
-What do you think about the characters?
-Tonally, what do you think about the balance of the serious and the less serious?
-What do you think about the scale of the drama that unfolds?

I'm truly looking for honest feedback on this. Since my dog is the only one that's read it so far I'm really looking forward to your opinions. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Soare (last edited May 27, 2020 08:51PM) (new)

Soare Stapanire | 56 comments Hey Charles,
I'd like to beta-read your graphic novels (if you don't mind a young person). If you're interested you can email me at fu65745@gmail.com for more info.
Thanks and have a good day!

message 3: by M.T. (new)

M.T. DeSantis (desantismt) | 42 comments Hi Charles,
I'm a good deal shy of 50, but your premise sounds fantastic, and I'd love to read this. You can email me at mdesantis924@gmail.com, and more information about me can be found on my editing services page: http://kitnkabookle.blogspot.com/p/bl...
Hope to hear from you!

message 4: by Tabitha (last edited Mar 31, 2021 03:27AM) (new)

Tabitha Gibson | 49 comments Hi,

I am a young person but have spent a reasonable amount of time around people not so young. I’d love to have a look at your work and I’d of course also be willing to work out a reasonable and flexible rate for the feedback.
If interested please contact me at tabbygibson2016@gmail.com

Thanks,
Tabitha