Play Book Tag discussion

Wicked: The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Broadway Musical
This topic is about Wicked
May 2020: Comedy > [pb]Wicked, the Complete Book and Lyrics, by Stephan Schwartz, 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ (last edited May 27, 2020 05:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5563 comments I saw the Broadway show of Wicked only once, and I loved it. When I saw that this book included the full script, I was thrilled. It was such a pleasure to read the lines and lyrics. It was funny, and witty, and just wonderful. I brought back my memories of the show. It clarified important details that I didn't hear or remember from the play, such as who turned into the scarecrow, the tinman, and the cowardly lion. From now on I'm going to get a script for every play I see. You can't rewind a play to hear what you missed, so the script is really handy. I read the book Wicked by Maguire many years earlier, and that was very helpful to understanding the deeper story.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8842 comments I love how you have thrown yourself into Broadway and Disney, Nancy! Good for you to be enjoying such fun! Wicked is one of my favorite shows ever! Joi’s too if I recall!

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Oh what I would give to be at the Gershwin the first performance back after covid and hear Galinda say "It's good to see me isn't it".
The theater will ROAR, and it gives me chills just thinking about it.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8842 comments Thats going to be my line for you the next time I get the chance to 'see' you - LOL!

message 5: by NancyJ (last edited May 28, 2020 03:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5563 comments I wish I saw Kristin chenoweth in that role. Whenever I think of her, she’s in her Galinda costume, but at the White House press room speaking for president Bartlett (West Wing).

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8842 comments We are just starting the West Wing again for my 15 year old!

message 7: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments I always picture her in the 'Popular' pink dress :)