What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > About where forgotten/lost things go - Adult fiction. A boy died young, his mum could remember the sound of his laughter. One day he hears his laughter in this place of forgotten things.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments I remember reading this book around 2007/8 and I am really struggling for more than just vague memories but remember the following points about it.

- it was about a place where forgotten things go/people who have died,
- one character (possibly POSSIBLY called Johnny) died when he was quite young and during his life he was always jolly and laughing. His mum, still living, can always conjure the sound of his laugh, but one day in this place of forgotten things he hears his laugh and knows that his mum has finally forgotten the sound of his laugh.
- he wasn’t the main character of the book
- it may possibly have had a tree or gate on the cover
- it may possibly have contained the word ‘nowhere’ in the title but I haven’t got anywhere with this clue.

I’m sorry it is a vague list of clues but it is really driving me insane. Really hope someone can help!!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34407 comments Mod
Rebecca, I added more plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small “edit” link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Thanks so much!!

message 4: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 116 comments Maybe The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly?

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments No, it definitely isn’t this. It doesn’t have the same kind of tone. My book is more about a resolution and has what seems a lighter and a happier tone from what I remember! Thank you for your suggestion anyway!