Play Book Tag discussion

Peter Pan
This topic is about Peter Pan
May 2020: Comedy > [PB]Peter Pan, by J.M. Barrie, 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ (last edited May 27, 2020 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4979 comments Peter Pan wasn't one of my favorite movies when I was young, so I didn't expect to like the book as much as I did. I dnf'd Wizard of Oz, and Mary Poppins left me a bit cold, but Peter Pan totally charmed me. I thought it was funnier than the other too (which were adapted into two of my favorite classic films.) I was laughing and smiling right from the beginning. When the story took a darker turn, I couldn't wait to know what would happen next. The old fashioned gender roles annoyed me a bit, but that's the way it was.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Interesting, because Wizard of Oz was a low star-score for me, and honestly I would not have finished it had it not been for the Polls challenge. It was just too different from the movie, which is one of my favorites. I skipped reading Mary Poppins because of all the "meh" reviews I saw here. Now, Peter Pan was all one of the "events of the year" when I was a kid. Absolutely loved the Mary Martin performance that ran yearly. I may give this one a try, once the library re-opens.