The lovers of challenges discussion

The book of the month > Coraline Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chada (last edited May 27, 2020 04:08AM) (new)

Chada Hey,
Here we gonnna discuss our May BOTM Coraline by Neil Gaiman
You can tell us your honest opinion about the book maybe things that you didn't like in the book or things that you adored in this book! Feel free to tell your opinion!

message 2: by Chada (new)

Chada I really like the book like it was such a lovely one it reminded me of my chilhood reading it was so cute and soothing reading!!!
What about you???

message 3: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Ruiz (rickruiz_) | 6 comments i wanted to read this book for so long. you know the movie is great and i wanted to get into the book, cause i liked the idea behind it, the message it provides is very aproppiate for this time we live in. i would say the idea of this story is very interesting and the way Gaiman created this book, the characters and places and vibes, is brilliant. i really enyojed it, i think there are better works from the author but this is a pretty good book to get to know him.

message 4: by Kerrie (new)

Kerrie | 7 comments I really liked the book, the illustrations in my edition were very intense. I find it interesting that in general children see this as a fun adventure story, but adults find it much more terrifying.

message 5: by Meryem (new)

Meryem I really like this book very much especially that it is a horror, adventure and fantasy book . I recommend it to everyone.

message 6: by Helena (new)

Helena | 21 comments It was actually pretty enjoyable! I thought that maybe because i'm older now, i wouldn't like it, as i had once with the movie when i was younger, but imagine my surprise, when i started listening to it, and got really into it! By the way , i loved the cat!

Here are some passages from the book, that i really liked:

" 'Because', she said, 'when you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave' "

" if she were nowhere, then she could be anywhere. And, after all, it is always easier to be afraid of something you cannot see."

" 'You really don't understand, do you?' she said. ' I don't want whatever i want. Nobody does. Not really. What kind of fun would it be if i just got everything i ever wanted? Just like that, and it didn't mean anything. What then?' "

message 7: by Chada (new)

Chada those passages were the my fav too!