Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please add my book to my author dashboard

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments I added the book to GR myself: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

It won't show on my author dashboard or book list, though. Can you please add the book for me? Thank you kindly in advance.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments C. wrote: "It's here. Perhaps it's a caching issue and will appear properly soon.
Try searching by ISBN in search and you'll see it acknowledges you as author. screengrab: https://gyazo.com/f2183f727f9dd63900..."

Thank you for your help. I'll wait and see what happens. So far, the book still doesn't show on my dashboard or book list.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments C. wrote: "Everything looks good from a Librarian Group standpoint. If it continues to not show up after a day or so you'll want to contact staff instead. That would be a site function issue vs. something thi..."

Cool. I'll recheck tomorrow. Thanks again :)

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23235 comments I just attempted to add the paperback, and it went to an unexpected error page, so it does that when its a caching issue.

Try again in 24 hrs.

Also is there a reason you changed the kindle edition to the ebook edition?

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments Sandra wrote: "I just attempted to add the paperback, and it went to an unexpected error page, so it does that when its a caching issue.

Try again in 24 hrs.

Also is there a reason you changed the kindle editio..."

I wasn't aware I'd done that. The ebook version should be the right one, not the Kindle one.

And clearly it's a bigger issue because now I can't access the book page at all. I'll wait a day and see what happens.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23235 comments It's definitely a caching issue.

Well, the kindle edition will auto import.

You'll need the kindle edition for people to buy it on amazon as the isbn link won't work soon. It does work in the beginning, then it just doesn't. Don't know how long it takes to stop working.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments Oh, finally the book page appears again: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Could a kind librarian please add the book to my dashboard? Thank you so much.

BTW, since it took so long for the book page to appear, it must have been a caching issue, as suggested.

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments As far as I can see, the book is already attached to your author profile. If you are having issues with your author dashboard, you should probably contact support.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments Alex wrote: "As far as I can see, the book is already attached to your author profile. If you are having issues with your author dashboard, you should probably contact support."

The book finally shows up on my dashboard. Thank you all for your help :)