What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/MG fiction. Three children play Butch, Cassidy, and the Sundance Kid. Two boys and a girl? Published before 1990's. Read 2002-2015.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tess (new)

Tess | 439 comments I can't remember anything else about the book. All I remember is that three children are playing Butch, Cassidy, and Sundance Kid.

Possibly it's the first book in A Series of Unfortunate Events, A Bad Begining, but I don't have the book to check this.

It's probably a YA book, and probably published in the past 25 years. I must have read it within the past 15 years.

Thank you!

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments It's not The Bad Beginning.

message 3: by Tess (new)

Tess | 439 comments bump - Still looking for Butch, Cassidy, and Sundance Kid

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Do you think it's YA or middle grade?

How old are the children? Boys or girls?

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2058 comments Is the comma in 'Butch, Cassidy' intentional? ('Butch Cassidy' is the name of a single character, not two separate ones.) Did the children in the story misunderstand this, or adapt it so that they could play the game with three of them?

message 6: by Tess (last edited Sep 11, 2020 01:21PM) (new)

Tess | 439 comments I don't really know the difference between YA and middle grade, so I'm sorry I can't narrow that part down.
I think the kids were two boys and a girl.
The comma was intentional. The three kids played as "Butch," "Cassidy," and "Sundance" which is why I originally thought it was "A Bad Beginning."

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33320 comments Mod
Tess, I added a few details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Middle grade is usually with characters in elementary school or middle school.

YA is more for teens, high school, age 14 and above.

message 9: by Tess (new)

Tess | 439 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Middle grade is usually with characters in elementary school or middle school.

YA is more for teens, high school, age 14 and above."

Thanks!
I read it in high school, so maybe it was YA

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Me, Mop, and the Moondance Kid?

Title is kinda similar, but don't know if the rest matches.

message 11: by Tess (new)

Tess | 439 comments it doesn't look familiar, but I'll give it a shot. thanks!