What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Buying Time
This topic is about Buying Time
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. SciFi / You can buy new cleaned organs for 1 million dollars. Main character goes on to live many lifetimes because he's able to get new organs several times over. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris | 2 comments I recall the main character talking about earning his "first million" to get his body recovered. They would clean the organs and then you could live another 50 years or whatever the timeline was Then his 2nd million was easier to earn. I've been searching for this book for years and can't find it. Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Brad (last edited May 27, 2020 05:04AM) (new)

Brad Eichstadt | 99 comments Perhaps [Buying Time] by [Joe Haldeman]?

I believe It is not 50 years, but 10 that individuals have to come up with the money to pay for the procedure. But, otherwise it sounds very similar. The Goodreads link is below the description.

"In the 21st century, immortality via the complex operation known as the Stileman Process is attainable by a few wealthy and determined individuals, but the motivations that drive humans to live forever remain shrouded in mystery until "immortals" Dallas Barr and Maria Marconi stumble across a dangerous secret..."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 3: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris | 2 comments Thanks Brad! That has to be it.

The description when I searched for it even mentions the million dollars!

"The premise behind Buying Time is that in the near future a process is developed that lets people live forever. The catch is that only one company sells this process and it costs whoever wants it everything they own with a minimum payment of one million dollars. In addition the process only lasts for ten years."

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 27, 2020 08:41AM) (new)

Kris | 33372 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Chris. Here's the Google Books preview for Brad's find - Buying Time by Joe Haldeman:

https://books.google.com/books?id=j0M... There are different cover images.

message 5: by Brad (new)

Brad Eichstadt | 99 comments Ditto. Glad I could be of assistance.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Buying Time (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joe Haldeman (other topics)