Safety in numbers, never go into a book alone. #Group Reads discussion

The House at Tyneford
This topic is about The House at Tyneford
The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons (JUNE)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Here is the thread for The House at Tyneford for June, if you would like to join please feel free.

message 2: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Law | 249 comments Mod
Hey guys!! This book looks so good, I am definitely going to read this book in the future as I am still making my way through the Harry Potter series (very nearly finished “Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix”) I didn’t know you could create your own threads, that’s great! Obviously I don’t need to create one for June as you already have, but I will add it to the book schedule so that If anyone else joins us in the future, they can see what sort of books we read in “Safety in Numbers”.

message 3: by Kendra (last edited Jun 08, 2020 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kendra | 89 comments I'm in the middle of chapter 16 with this book, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it so far. The writing has really drawn me in to the setting and characters, and though it's not a mystery novel I feel myself intrigued and wondering what will happen next just as if it was.

(view spoiler)

I like that subject of this book is a sad topic, but the writing style and descriptions of the setting actually make me feel very calm and contemplative while reading it (except for Diana, haha). Tyneford is so beautiful, and I love seeing Elise's development from the perspective of her future self narrating the story.

I'm nervous but also looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments I am SO far behind!! Having my nephew so long has slowed my reading down. But summer has started so now I am kid-less again. I’ve only read 1 chapter so far but i definitely liked the vibe of the writing right from the start. Hopefully I can catch up soon!

Kendra | 89 comments Nephew time is so important!! That's great that you were able to have a lot of quality time with him. : ) And I admit I've been blazing through this book, haha--so don't feel like you need to rush. Take your time and enjoy it! So excited to hear your thoughts as you read more!

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Kendra you are so right it is very important, we had him for almost 2 months as his school like most all the others had to do all online learning so it was a lot on my mom to have all three boys so I took the youngest and helped him finish his kindergarten year. I definitely would not have changed it because this is time I would not have gotten with him otherwise. My apartment is so quiet now without having him that it’s almost too quiet.

Kendra | 89 comments Oh wow, that's awesome!! I'm so happy you had that opportunity Dana; I'm sure it was so special and memorable for you all. The quiet apartment will take some getting used to I bet. But the adjustment will be worth those unforgettable times. :)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Ok so I'm just about to start chapter 6 and so I haven't read your spoilers yet Kendra because I want to catch up. But I just want to say ... I like the writing style, I like the relationship of the family right now, however, I don't know if it's because Elise is young so they are keeping the truth from her or what and maybe I am reading it wrong BUT I keep getting this feeling that they aren't be honest with her about something. My vibes are (view spoiler)

Also side note ... no wonder this is a book for me I just noticed the quote on top says "Fans of Downton Abbey and Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden will absolutely adore The House at Tyneford"

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Ok so I’m changing my mind / prediction .... I just read (view spoiler) I no longer have negative feelings towards her parents.

message 10: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Ok so I have finished the book ... I'm just in full disbelief right now (view spoiler)

Kendra | 89 comments You blazed ahead of me Dana! I'll admit I started another book, so my reading on this one slowed down--I'm now at about chapters 21/22.

(view spoiler)

Anyway, I can't wait to see how it all plays out, and to read your thoughts once I'm finished!

Kendra | 89 comments I finished a little bit ago but hadn't yet had a chance to write down my thoughts--overall I really enjoyed this book, and I think I like how it played out.

(view spoiler)

Can't wait for our next read together!

message 13: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Can’t wait to read your thoughts about the book! I can’t read it until I am near my computer, and I set up the thread for The Clockmaker’s Daughter. I started it today and am enjoying it so far.

Safety in numbers, never go into a book alone....

unread topics | mark unread