Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > Need help to delated a cover of one of my books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments Hi.
I uploaded a book that i published online, but, a editorial will publish me officialy, so, they ask me if It's possible to delate all infomation of my book because they want to manage It once will published.
I delated information and change the name of the book, but the cover is still in my profile.
Can someone please delate the entire book, or just delate the cover? So when It will be published the editorial can upload the official information.
Thanks a lot!
(Sorry my english).

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments Yes, NN.
Change the name beacuse I can't delated the book.

Someone can delated the entire data and cover, please? From the editorial they need that I take out the book from the platform :(

message 3: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ (last edited May 26, 2020 04:16PM) (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4677 comments Kathleen wrote: "Yes, NN.
Change the name beacuse I can't delated the book.

Someone can delated the entire data and cover, please? From the editorial they need that I take out the book from the platform :("

Hi Kathleen

Please read this thread, in particular message #2. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Think of Goodreads as being a library. :)

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments I read that before. But, still, can't found help.
What can I do?
The editor NEEDS that I delated the book from my profile because they will do professonaly with new cover, ISBN number, and new number of pages.
I upload the book before I been accepeted to be published, because my book was only on wattpad for free.
And one of the clause in the contract is that I must not have the book in Goodreads.
Please help :(!

message 5: by Emily (last edited May 26, 2020 04:23PM) (new)

Emily | 13538 comments If you have legal issues you should contact Support.
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments I wrote for help and I don't recive an answer yet :(
When I asked in oher forum they told me that I should talk with a librarian, can you help me?
I must to sign the contract this week, aI can't lost this oportunity because my book is in Gooodreads before they choose me :(

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments As I told you, I wrote for help but nobody answers me yet :(
This is urgent! :(

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments Goodreads librarians are volunteers and can't assist you with legal issues. You should contact Goodreads employees using the link I provided. We can't give you the answer you want, because we can't delete a valid book.

message 9: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments :(
But is not a valid book yet. It was on Wattpad before to be officialy published. I never excpected to be published until now, and I have to found a solution :(
I wrote to Goodreads employees by this link last week, and still don't have an answer :(

message 10: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments Kathleen wrote: ":(
But is not a valid book yet. It was on Wattpad before to be officialy published. I never excpected to be published until now, and I have to found a solution :(
I wrote to Goodreads employees by ..."

Books on Wattpad are considered published according to Goodreads policy.

message 11: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Cobac (katecobac) | 7 comments What can I do then?
The editorial would not published my book on paper with an oficial ISBN number if is in Goodreads :(
Is a life oportunity, I can't lost it because the book is in the platform :(

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Kathleen wrote: "I wrote for help and I don't recive an answer yet :("

For legal issues, Goodreads Librarians cannot assist you. You will need to be patient and wait for an answer from Support.

Reminder to other thread participants: comments regarding edits by other users are not allowed in this group. Posts have been removed.

Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.