MCMLS Mitchell Fiction Book Club discussion

Unsheltered > Favorite parts of the book that may or may not have anything to do with the plot

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Librarian Molly (last edited May 28, 2020 03:01PM) (new)

Librarian Molly | 219 comments Mod
I loved reading about Willa and Chris Hawk and their sleuthing forays into the history of Vineland. Maybe it's just my librarian tendencies, or the dusty museum that desperately needed organization, or caring about things no one else but the two of them seemed to bother with, or digging up old gossip, or...all of the above!

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Green I loved that Mary Treat was a real person. I went down a rabbit trail researching her. I also read somewhere that Barbara Kingsolver had lived in Vineland.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 75 comments Sue wrote: "I loved that Mary Treat was a real person. I went down a rabbit trail researching her. I also read somewhere that Barbara Kingsolver had lived in Vineland."

I loved that Mary Treat was real! I, too, had to look her up!

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele (mlbose) | 165 comments My favorite part also has to do with Mary. The first meeting between her and Thatcher (with her finger in the fly trap and all the spiders in jars) was just so odd and funny. It really made me interested in their story.