You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > June 2020 - Books Announced

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15081 comments The two winning books are The House at the Edge of Night (I'll lead the discussion for that one) and The Night Watch, which was nominated by Margo.

Margo, are you okay to lead the discussion?

message 2: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9766 comments I will do my best Peggy 😉

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48711 comments I'm looking forward to the discussion Margo. I have the book from the library just waiting for me to finish my current book.

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 2182 comments They both look really good, and if/when my library decides to open their doors, I am first in line for both of them.

message 5: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19977 comments I really would like to read the Sarah Waters story, but it is not available from my library (they do not list it at all).

I am not totally interested in the Italy book, but the audiobook is available, and I really liked the narrator of Beautiful Ruins and he is doing this one. I downloaded it to give it a try. I really love the book cover too.

message 6: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15081 comments Good to hear Cherie! Hopefully it's one of those unexpectedly nice ones.

I own the night watch too, but as I'm already leading the discussion for the other one I'm not sure I'll get to it.

message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9766 comments Janice wrote: "I'm looking forward to the discussion Margo. I have the book from the library just waiting for me to finish my current book."

Sarah Waters hasn't disappointed me yet! This is the only one of hers I haven't read, I've been saving it up for a special occasion and if a hot, holiday Monday in June, in Ireland, isn't special then I don't know what is LOL

message 8: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19977 comments Thanks, Peggy. I actually started listening to it last night. I am a couple of chapters in but I will probably not go any farther until after the weekend. I have another audiobook waiting to be read until the book discussion starts. I do really like the narrator's voice. So far, the story and characters are very interesting.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.