Bookish First Readers discussion

The Patient
This topic is about The Patient
Archives > The Patient by Jasper DeWitt

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 15, 2021 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 500 comments Mod
What was your First Impression from the First Look? Did you win a copy of this book? Discuss The Patient here!

message 2: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments I did enjoy the way this book is set up. And I liked The Silent Patient. So I entered to win.

Kelly (marquis784) | 12 comments Man! I was hooked with the whole journal type writing. Lomé everything’s top secret!

message 4: by Rhonda (new) - added it

Rhonda Stefani  (rhonda72) | 10 comments I entered for this one, The Silent Patient & a little bit more horror vibe- yes please!

message 5: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments It is available on NetGalley! I requested it there too.

Misha (infairveronaa) | 8 comments I want this one so bad!

Michelle | 124 comments I hated the narrator’s voice 🙈 But I entered because I’m dying to know more about this Joe patient...

Kelly (marquis784) | 12 comments I was just granted a copy on NetGalley!

message 9: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Kelly wrote: "I was just granted a copy on NetGalley!"

Me too! Woohoo!

Michelle | 124 comments I got the NetGalley copy too! I have to say that I'm liking it much better now. It's a quick read.

message 11: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 16, 2020 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 500 comments Mod
I just finished listing to the audiobook of this book. I thought it was really well done! I love a book that can toy with you psychologically and make you question the characters and their motives. As is typical with me and horror books/movies, I love it up until the big "reveal." This would have been a five-star read for me if it weren't for the ending. I particularly enjoyed the main character's quippy humor. I do not typically enjoy books that are written in a format that is solely letters or blog posts, but aside from the quick introductions to each chapter, I quickly forgot that the author was writing a series of blog entries. At first I was surprised by how short it was, but by the end, I felt that the book wasn't negatively impacted by its brevity. I'd definitely pick up more works by Jasper DeWitt.