Play Book Tag discussion

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Clean Sweep
May 2020: Comedy > [Poll Ballot] Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews- 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jen K | 1157 comments Dina is an innkeeper which means more than one would think. She has just revived an abandoned inn and is trying to grow it from it's current 2 star status to rival her parents' 5 star inn but only has one full time guest for now. However this inn is a special wayfarers station for inter-galactic travel. Apparently Earth is a great stop over between planets. Dina and her inn have special powers to protect themselves and their guests. This comes in handy as a specialize assassin has landed nearby while he waits for his blood money and is harassing the community in the meantime. Dina teams up with a werewolf and vampire (also originally from other planets) to protect her inn and community.

This was a fun, quick read that I accidentally finished in basically one sitting. The premise if fun and interesting to see how the inn is able to respond to guests. The world building is bit overly detailed and intricate but I forgive it a bit for setting up a trilogy. Of course there is a werewolf, vampire, human love triangle but at least it pokes fun at itself with reference to Twilight. Other parts are also a bit over the top but there are some very fun scenes especially at Costco. I look forward to reading the next in series.

message 2: by annapi (last edited May 26, 2020 12:07PM) (new) - added it

annapi | 4907 comments I loved this one. It was first featured as a weekly free serial on Ilona Andrews's blog, and so were the rest of the books in the series (so far it's at 4 books). It has connections to their Edge series, which is where Dina's love interest comes from, if you are familiar with their other works.

I particularly enjoyed the book which features Dina's sister - I absolutely adore the character of her niece Helen, she's so badass!

Jen K | 1157 comments This is only my second read from the authors. Magic Bites was my first one and really enjoyed it. I hadn't heard of the Edge series but I will have to take a look, maybe it would give me more sympathy for the missing parents.

I bought the pandemic collection of 3 so its good to know that there is a 4th out there as well!

message 4: by annapi (new) - added it

annapi | 4907 comments I have enjoyed everything that this writing duo has produced so far. If you enjoy paranormal romance, you have to read the Hidden Legacy series, it's so much fun!