Obsessed with True Crime discussion

My Daddy Is a Hero: How Chris Watts Went from Family Man to Family Killer
This topic is about My Daddy Is a Hero
True Crime Published 2019 > My Daddy is a Hero

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (last edited May 26, 2020 09:26AM) (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3390 comments Mod
A husband. A father. A killer.

Chris Watts was a family man. Everybody, including his family, believed that. Yet, on August 13, 2018, he murdered Shanann, his pregnant wife, and two young daughters, burying Shanann and their unborn son in a shallow grave and dumping their daughters’ bodies in separate oil tanks.

As terrible as his story is, it is also a warning because, to this day, living behind bars, Watts is still acting out the character traits that made him kill in the first place.

In this, the first and only psychological exploration of the Watts family murders, psychotherapist Lena Derhally has pieced together the crime, the events leading to it, and most of all, her beliefs about the “why,” including the fact that Chris Watts—now a self-described “man of God”—is not in the least remorseful about killing his family.

Kindle Edition, 276 pages
Published December 9th 2019

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12709 comments Ye olde "man of god" maneuver. Or do I mean "manure"?

message 3: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin  | 376 comments That case made me glad I'm single.

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12709 comments Erin wrote: "That case made me glad I'm single."

I'm with you. Glad all over again that is.

message 5: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Powell (jenny67) | 10 comments I agree. This one made me so glad I'm finally single. I'm waiting impatiently for this book from my library.