Shadowhunters Chat! discussion

Character Chats! > Week 10- Jem Carstairs

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) | 862 comments Mod
This week we're going to be discussing Jem Carstairs!
(I know I should've put this up yesterday, but it completely slipped my mind because I had yesterday off because of Memorial Day, and it felt like Sunday... so yeah)

Looks-https://www.google.com/search?q=jem+c...
Age- 158 now, 159 later this year
Height- 5'10- 5'11
Eyes- Dark brown normally, silver because of his disease
Hair- Dark brown normally, silver because of his disease
Currently (as of 2015) resides in Cirenworth Hall in Devon England, hopefully the events of TWP don't change that
Married (?) to Tessa Gray and has one daughter, Mina Carstairs
(though that may change due to TWP events)

message 2: by Tessa (new)

Is Jem married to Tessa? I forgot...

message 3: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Yeah, he is.

message 4: by Tessa (new)

Oh okay

message 5: by Tessa (new)

I ship them, but not as much as I ship Wessa

message 6: by Tessa (new)

ANSWERS! I GOT ANSWERS!!!!
So I just got Cassie’s newsletter, and she explains why no one remembers Jem and Tessa’s wedding. What a coincidence😂
The wedding is in the special edition of The Lost Book of the White. I’m definitely getting the special edition.

message 7: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Omg lol that's actually funny😂. I thought they mentioned it somewhere in TID that they were married. I didn't know there was a special edition.🤔

message 8: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments yeah I got that too! just read..

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments Oh that’s interesting. Was there a spell that made them forget or something?

message 10: by J.L.V (new)

J.L.V (astascen) | 24 comments JEM I LOVE HIM his character has so many layers I just looove him, and I saw the newsletter in Twitter bc idk why I tried many times but I just never received it

message 11: by Elena (new)

Elena Tessa HC (onceuponabookworm) wrote: "ANSWERS! I GOT ANSWERS!!!!
So I just got Cassie’s newsletter, and she explains why no one remembers Jem and Tessa’s wedding. What a coincidence😂
The wedding is in the special edition of The Lost Bo..."

Now I feel like I have to buy every special edition that contains a short story because I can't help it. I would buy the entire Shadowhunters collection if I had enough money lol.

message 12: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments who wouldn't???

message 13: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments Jem is my favorite character in the entire Shadowhunter universe. He's just so lovable 🥰🥰

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments I just hope someone posts the short story on tumblr or Pinterest since I don’t have an interest in TLBOTW. But I always thought that the comic strip of Jem and Tessa’s wedding was canon? Like the one in CoHF?

message 15: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) I'm glad to hear that there will be a short story!

message 16: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments me too but I don't understand why there short story had to take place in Malec book

message 17: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) I have two possible reasons: it's either so we don't have to wait until the next book in the Last Hour series or maybe the Malec books aren't as popular as the regular books so maybe this will increase their popularity?

message 18: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments ☀︎Elena In Oz☀︎ wrote: "I just hope someone posts the short story on tumblr or Pinterest since I don’t have an interest in TLBOTW. But I always thought that the comic strip of Jem and Tessa’s wedding was canon? Like the o..."

Yea same, I don't really care much for TLBOTW😅 compared to the other series. I'm tempted only to buy the book only for the short story though.

message 19: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Maya wrote: "I have two possible reasons: it's either so we don't have to wait until the next book in the Last Hour series or maybe the Malec books aren't as popular as the regular books so maybe this will incr..."

I think you're right about the second reason maybe.🤷‍♀️

message 20: by Tessa (new)

Yeah, OR Jem and Tessa will be a part of TLOBOTW! I really hope so

message 21: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments I don't think that's possible since I'm pretty sure the TLBOTW happens in between City of Glass and City of Lost Souls where Jem is still a silent brother.

message 22: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Nvm it happens after City of Fallen Angels, I think.

message 23: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Lol nvm again. I just checked, it's possible that'll happen.

message 24: by Tessa (new)

Fingers crossed!!