Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > June 2020 SGoM: Rock ‘n Roll Romance

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited May 26, 2020 09:17AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments June's Sub-genre of the Month is:
                 ♥ Rock ‘n Roll Romance
            GLITZ AND GLAM ROMANCE

♥ Rock ‘n Roll Romance: Have you ever daydreamed that you’re at a rock concert – surprisingly front row - and despite the screaming fans around you, the lead singer finds your eyes, smiles, and sings his heart out to YOU. And maybe, just maybe, you find yourself swept backstage after the show to meet him (among other activities 😉). No? That's a defining characteristic of rock star/Rock 'n' Roll romance books.

Listopia:
Best Rock Star Romance
Rock Star Romance
She Reads Romance- Best Rock Star Romance

And many more...

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (last edited Jun 29, 2020 06:00AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Ooh, one of my favorite sub genres! I'll have to see what I haven't read yet! Two that leap out at me are Hard Rock Promise (Cherry Lips #0.5) by Athena Wright Hard Rock Promise by Athena Wright and Getting Lucky with the Rock Star (Holiday Encounters #3) by Amy Lamont Getting Lucky with the Rock Star by Amy Lamont, so I'll go for those first and see what else I can find!

message 4: by D.L. (new)

D.L. I haven't read too many of these so it'll be a fun challenge :)

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I'm in if I can find book I already have :-)

message 6: by AnnaG (last edited May 28, 2020 02:19PM) (new)

AnnaG | 14 comments Absolutely love this genre! Looking through my list I have several I want to re-read as well as getting stuck into some new books.

If anyone is looking for recommendations - Trea you are in for a treat with the Kristen Callihans. They are truly excellent - I gave all three 5*s
Idol (VIP, #1) by Kristen Callihan Fall (VIP, #3) by Kristen Callihan Managed (VIP, #2) by Kristen Callihan
Another series I enjoyed was Blair Babylon's "Rock Stars in Disguise" - I cried so much when I read Somebody to Love, but in a *good* way.
Somebody to Love (Rock Stars in Disguise #0.4) by Blair Babylon What a Girl Wants (Rock Stars in Disguise Rhiannon) by Blair Babylon The Rock Star's Secret Baby (Rock Stars in Disguise Cadell) A Contemporary Rock Star Romance by Blair Babylon

After posting this I realised the cover for Somebody to Love wasn't the cover on the edition I read and that the cover of book #19 on the "Best Rock Star Romances" list looked strangely familiar!!! I think I have found my next book to read:
Somebody to Love (Rock Stars in Disguise #0.4) by Blair Babylon Color Me Crazy by Carol Pavliska