The Dresden Files Read-Along discussion

Changes (The Dresden Files, #12)
This topic is about Changes
Book 12: CHANGES (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Berkley Publishing Group (berkleypub) | 37 comments Mod
Long ago, Susan Rodriguez and Harry were lovers, until the vampiric Red Court came between them. Now she’s back, with a shocking revelation. Let's talk CHANGES! Please do not post spoilers in this thread for anything beyond this book, for those who are reading the series for the first time.

Dawn (dawntm) | 20 comments This is one of my favorite books in the Dresden Files series.

message 3: by Steven (last edited May 31, 2020 07:09AM) (new)

Steven Spicer (terriertribe) | 199 comments Dawn wrote: "This is one of my favorite books in the Dresden Files series."

I know -- each book comes to a point where Butcher kicks the story into high gear, and then you get to Changes and you find out what high gear really is.

(view spoiler)

Caryl Huffstetler | 156 comments I'm just so glad I Wasn't a fan of Butcher's until just before Peace Talks was already about to be published. I can't imagine the angst and the wait for Ghost Story after Changes. I'll be experiencing those emotions as we wait for the follow up to Battle Ground.

message 5: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Mazur | 196 comments Caryl wrote: "I'm just so glad I Wasn't a fan of Butcher's until just before Peace Talks was already about to be published. I can't imagine the angst and the wait for Ghost Story after Changes. I'll be experienc..."

I was - getting a new book twice a year, then once a year, and then that - with the assurances that the end of Changes is not a cliffhanger...
Yeah - very frustrating, even if I was going "we haven't found a body" along with Murphy the whole time...