2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2015 comments This thread is to discuss Cinder, the first book in the The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

Pages: 390 pages

Length: 1 Month (June)

Participants: Gabriella, Ruthie.

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 767 comments One of my favorite series.
Hope you guys like it!
Happy reading!

message 3: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 3080 comments I read this a few weeks ago. It was a reread for me and straightaway I had to read the rest of the series. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did

message 4: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments I read this series a couple years ago & absolutely loved it! I may check in here throughout the month to see how it's going for you guys. :D I hope you enjoy!

message 5: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I finished it and loved it!

I love fantasy, sci fi, and fairytales so the combination of all of them was great. I wish it was longer but I'm glad it's the first in the series so I can read more of the story.

I liked the androids and cyborgs aspect

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Hello! :).

I finished my other book quite quickly (which I didn't expect), so I'll join you on this one if you don't mind! I just started the book yesterday evening ;).

message 7: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments Ruthie, I agree about it being (view spoiler)

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments I'm just past halfway through the book and I really love the story! It's a bit predictable, but that is what you would expect. However, in the beginning I was a bit confused about all the different types of 'humans' there are (I still am sometimes). It might have helped me with a bit of an introduction into these different types.

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Okay, since a few hours ago, I finished the book. I couldn't stop reading it near the end. And the ending, my, what a thrilling end. I've read somewhere that this is a series, but unfortunately I only have the first book. I'll see if I can find the others, because I really want to find out what happens next. With this ending, I have the feeling I'm going to like the second book in the series even more!

message 10: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

If you want to read the second with me I would love that! We have to post on the 2020 Reading Challenge group buddy read thread so they create a post for us to discuss. So let me know when you get the second one so we can post on there

message 11: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 400 comments I started reading the book and am 20% into it, but as it's not a genre I usually enjoy, I'm trying to give it a shot instead of dropping it like I often do. The mechanical parts have me a bit confused, but it's okay.

message 12: by Joan (new)

Joan Barnett | 801 comments This was one of my favorites as well. I might reread it someday. I miss this series. The first book was my favorite.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Ruthie wrote: "I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

If you want to read the second with me I would love that! We have to post on the 2020 Reading Challenge group buddy read thread so they create a post for us to discuss..."

I can have it soonish ;). So we can discuss next month? If you can have it then as well of course!

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Gabriella wrote: "I started reading the book and am 20% into it, but as it's not a genre I usually enjoy, I'm trying to give it a shot instead of dropping it like I often do. The mechanical parts have me a bit confu..."

That parts had me confused in the beginning as well, but I just decided to go with it. :). Do you like it somewhat right now or have you dropped it by now? ;).

message 15: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments I just started reading this and I am pretty excited. Fairytale, sci-fi and contagion - too much to handle! (◔‿◔)

message 16: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments This story alluding to the current pandemic is unnerving!

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Jun 20, 2020 10:40AM) (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Irma wrote: "This story alluding to the current pandemic is unnerving!"

Yes! I thought the same. I saw some parallels too. :p.

message 18: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 400 comments Michelle wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "I started reading the book and am 20% into it, but as it's not a genre I usually enjoy, I'm trying to give it a shot instead of dropping it like I often do. The mechanical parts h..."

I'm still giving it a go and it got somewhat interesting, but I'd like to know more about Kai than about Cinder. I'm so over with the feud between Adri and Cinder.

message 19: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 400 comments I'm almost halfway through and I'm genuinely bored with how predictable it is. (view spoiler)

message 20: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments All the reviews said it would be predictable and it was. I speed read to the end just to ensure that my assumptions were right Apparently the next book in the series is slightly better.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Anyone want to read the second book (Scarlet) with me next month? I've posted in the buddy read sign-up treat already ;). So if anyone confirms, we're good to go!

message 22: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Yes I want to read the second one! Going now to post

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cinder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marissa Meyer (other topics)