2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2014 comments This thread is to discuss House of Earth and Blood, the first book in the Crescent City Series by Sarah J. Maas.

Pages: 803 pages

Length: 1 Month (June)

Participants: Ruthie, Dominique, SarahKat.

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Hey Dominique and SarahKat! I actually read this in May but I kept detailed notes of what I thought of it and parts I liked so I can still discuss as you guys go along if you update where you're at on here.

I gave it 5 stars and I love Sarah J Maas books so I'm excited to hear what y'all think of it

message 3: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments Maas is a guilty pleasure author for me. I have a hold coming through on the 30th and I usually get through her books pretty fast.

Glad you kept notes Ruthie!

message 4: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments SarahKat wrote: "Maas is a guilty pleasure author for me. I have a hold coming through on the 30th and I usually get through her books pretty fast.

Glad you kept notes Ruthie!"

Awesome!!

My favorite of her's is A Court of Mist and Fury !!!

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments Jumps up and down put me on the list

message 6: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments Ruthie wrote: "SarahKat wrote: "Maas is a guilty pleasure author for me. I have a hold coming through on the 30th and I usually get through her books pretty fast.

Glad you kept notes Ruthie!"

Awesome!!

My favo..."

That's my favorite too!

Glad to have you Veronica :)

message 7: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 3987 comments Maas' books are a guilty pleasure for me as well. I'll join once I get my hands on a copy!

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments Yay!!!!

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments HOLY CRAP * I just finished it

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments Five stars !!

message 11: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments My hold got pushed back and now it's saying 3 weeks. Argh!

message 12: by nora (new)

nora (noraelsea) | 61 comments What a coincidence. I've been planning to read it in June. I'm in!

message 13: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 3987 comments This is a page turner, I just could not stop :O

SarahKat, Nora, don't start reading this if you have other stuff to do :P

message 14: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments It totally is a page-turner!!

Veronica, add some hidden spoilers of your favorite parts so we can discuss!

message 15: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments ***Spoiler *****
( Spoiler)
{spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler I don't know if this is going to turn out right

< spoiler Hunt thinking everyone deserves a bestie like danika
The ascent of the drop where Bryce is crying out help on the gate and hoping to do the drop. Gets a message back and its from Danika and the pack.... I was sobbing so hard they help her through the drop they whole live life thing. They help her and were watching her. Light it up. I have more coming

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments I was sobbing since the living death and betrayal. The whole gallery seen too.

message 17: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Jun 02, 2020 12:32AM) (new)

Ilona | 3987 comments Veronica, you're spoilers are still visible.

It should look like this (spoiler for the ending:) (view spoiler)

message 18: by Ennie (new)

Ennie | 14 comments Okay, I own this... and even though those 803 pages look absolutely daunting.. maybe I might sign up for this buddy read? It's not too late is it?

message 19: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Jun 02, 2020 03:37AM) (new)

Ilona | 3987 comments Erin wrote: "Okay, I own this... and even though those 803 pages look absolutely daunting.. maybe I might sign up for this buddy read? It's not too late is it?"

Not at all, the month just started :) I know the book looks daunting, but it's an easy read!

message 20: by Ennie (new)

Ennie | 14 comments Okay, that makes it sound less scary - thanks. I'll see how I go, haha.

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments Thanks I’ll try again on another one I really am confused about that.

message 22: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Don't read this spoiler till the end. Its a response to Veronica's spoiler

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments I can’t see anything ?

message 24: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Veronica wrote: "I can’t see anything ?"

I had the same problem-you have to look at it on a reg computer

message 25: by Veronica (last edited Jun 04, 2020 02:41PM) (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments {Spoiler} [I find the idea of a city running on first drop kind of confusing]

message 26: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I'm wondering where y'all are at in the book so I'll add some of my favorite parts

Chapter 5

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Ruthie (last edited Jun 05, 2020 10:32AM) (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Chapter 13

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Chapter 14

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Chapter 54

(view spoiler)

message 30: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Chapter 66

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Chapter 77 & 79

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Chapter 89-the end

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Sorry I had to do so many comments. I tried figuring out how to do multiple spoilers in one comment and someone even showed me how but I can't figure it out!

message 34: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 190 comments I have got my copy of the book and I so want to read it. But the size of the book is scaring me.

What do you guys think? Will it be an easy read? What have you experienced?

Looking forward to hear from you since you guys have already read the book.

message 35: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments Dive in and just stick with it

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments What have I experience it’s the book that made me cry the most. The sarah j Maas book that effected me the most. It’s worth it .

message 37: by Veronica (last edited Jun 06, 2020 04:50PM) (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments {spoiler} (view spoiler)

message 38: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments I think I got it done this time on hiding things

message 39: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments {Spoiler} (view spoiler)

message 40: by Sol (new)

Sol (sunbaby2012) | 14 comments I would like to be added to this buddy read. =)

message 41: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments I finally got my copy and just finished Part 1. In response to Ruthie's chapter 5 spoiler, and some other thoughts:

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 190 comments I am starting this today. I am not sure if I’d be able to finish it before the month gets over.🙈 But I really hope I am able to. Would love to discuss then

message 43: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments SarahKat:

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marshall (vimars) | 110 comments Should we extend this for late joiners ?

message 45: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments Ruthie wrote: "Chapter 14

The "shadow walking" and mind reading of Bryce's brother reminds me of Rhy's powers from SJ Maas other series so if she does end up connecting them, then his mom's side of the family m..."

Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

message 46: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments SarahKat wrote: "Ruthie wrote: "Chapter 14

The "shadow walking" and mind reading of Bryce's brother reminds me of Rhy's powers from SJ Maas other series so if she does end up connecting them, then his mom's side ..."

(view spoiler)

message 47: by Sol (new)

Sol (sunbaby2012) | 14 comments I just finished Chapter 6. I am so sad about (view spoiler)

message 48: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments Chapter 30: (view spoiler)

message 49: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (last edited Jun 18, 2020 08:46PM) (new)

SarahKat | 2835 comments Chapter 41: (view spoiler)

Chapter 42:(view spoiler)

message 50: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I like reading your thought SarahKat! Can't respond because I don't want to give anything away but looking forward to reading more notes from you as you read!!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.