Book Cougars discussion

Episodes > Episode 103 - Author Spotlight with Emma Viskic

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited May 26, 2020 04:00AM) (new)

Emily | 227 comments Mod
Chris and Emily had the opportunity to chat with Australian author Emma Viskic about her fantastic crime series. They also discuss their current readalong pick, GO, WENT, GONE by Jenny Erpenbeck.

https://www.bookcougars.com/blog-1/20...

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 227 comments Mod
Juane wrote: "I grabbed "Resurrection Bay" last year (year before?) when Chris spoke so highly of it, and then devoured "And Fire Came Down," too, so I thoroughly enjoyed your interview with Emma Viskic! Thanks ..."

Juane - Haha, so glad you were wondering about the salad sandwich, too. Mystery solved! Will you wait to get the third in the series stateside, or order it?

Thank you for your kind words!

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 227 comments Mod
Juane wrote: "I'm on the hold list at the library, but I think they have to wait until the US release to purchase (does that sound right?). I've been on the list for several months, always in the #1 spot. I am s..."

Juane - I've been thinking about you. How are you?! Did you get the book? Our libraries in CT are back open with curb side pickup but it is still taking a little longer than normal to get books.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 227 comments Mod
Juane wrote: "Hi, Emily---All is well in Flagstaff! Our library has been doing curbside pickup since April, so I always have a stack nearby. They just haven't acquired the new Viskic yet. Reading "Convenience St..."
So good to hear from you and glad to hear you have a complement of books to keep you company! I have not read The Friend, but it is on my TBR. I know many have enjoyed it and, you know, the whole National Book Award thing, too.

Looking forward to seeing you at the virtual readalong at the end of the month!