2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Anna's 12 Books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hockeygeek (new)

Hockeygeek | 4 comments Hi!

This year, my hope is to read at least 12 books (one each month) but I want to see if I can read more than that, especially since I have had so much free time at home recently! I am trying to work my way through my bookshelf and other books that have been recommended to me, so if you have any YA, murder mystery, or classic books to recommend, let me know! :)

message 2: by Hockeygeek (new)

Hockeygeek | 4 comments I just finished Ali Benjamin's "The Thing About Jellyfish" yesterday, and I loved it! I have tried starting it a few times, but couldn't quite get it to stick. Once I committed, though, I couldn't put it down! Check out my update feed for a review.

message 3: by Hockeygeek (new)

Hockeygeek | 4 comments Today, I started and finished Francesca Zappia's "Eliza and Her Monsters." I feel as if this novel received a lot of hype when it first came out in 2017, and I heard a lot of good things about it. I bought it one day at Barnes & Noble and was excited to read it. I still hadn't been able to find time to just sit down and enjoy it without many interruptions, so I hadn't made much headway. Today, though, I had no plans, a big, fat book, and inspiration from the cover art. As soon as I got into it, this book BLEW ME AWAY! I won't get into what I thought about every aspect of this book, but I absolutely loved it! I haven't read a book that gave me that kind of reaction in a loooong time. This book made me laugh and cry, and I felt like I was really along for the ride with these characters! Check out my update feed for a full review.
Two down!