Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > No Cover Image on New Book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla Howatt (carlahowatt) | 4 comments Once again my new book is missing its cover. Why is it doing this?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23064 comments Because you're not including a cover when you create the record?

Is this really a Kindle? If so, it should have an ASIN, not an ISBN.

Otherwise, please provide the complete ISBN.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23064 comments Since I only see a Kindle edition on Amazon, have replaced the incomplete ISBN with the ASIN. I have added the cover.

message 4: by Carla (new)

Carla Howatt (carlahowatt) | 4 comments I have ISBN for my e-books.
That IS the complete ISBN.

I just did another one of mine and the same thing happened.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments ISBN starting with 978 or 979 are actually ISBN 13. If you put it in the ISBN (10) field, it will cut off the last 3 digits, making them incomplete.

Although Kindle edition ebooks may have ISBNs, they are identified on GoodReads exclusively by their ASINs. Only if it is available outside of Amazon should the ISBN be used for ebooks.

message 6: by Emily (last edited May 26, 2020 12:54PM) (new)

Emily | 14982 comments Even though you get an ISBN for your Kindle edition, Goodreads uses the ASIN, Amazon's item number, for it.

You put the ISBN 13 in the ISBN10 slot, which is why you get an error message when creating the book.

The cover image file goes up in the top right of the book page record, you may have missed it.

I deleted the ISBN from your book without the cover and combined it with the other editions. I'm not sure what the complete ISBN is for the coverless edition.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23064 comments I have found the paperback on Amazon and added the cover and ISBNs.