On the Southern Literary Trail discussion

An American Marriage
This topic is about An American Marriage
Group Reads: Post-1980 > Initial Impressions: An American Marriage, by Tayari Jones - June 2020

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom, "Big Daddy" (new)

Tom Mathews | 2502 comments Mod
Comments on this board should be written with the assumption that not all readers have finished the book. Please avoid revealing any spoilers.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 374 comments I really liked this book. Eager to read and participate in the discussion!

message 3: by Diane, "Miss Scarlett" (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diane Barnes | 3868 comments Mod
I really liked this book too. My book club read it a few months back, so I won't re-read it with the group, but I'll follow along with the discussion.

Gisela Hafezparast | 5 comments I read this about a year ago and I found this book very interesting, but found the wife totally unlikable. The story line was very interesting and I guess is now unfortunately very topical.

Libby | 127 comments I've begun reading this one and find thankfully, that the pacing is good. My brain has gone off the rails with Covid and all the unrest in the country, so the part of it that I can force to attention for reading has diminished. This one has held my interest thus far.

message 6: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K (billielitetiger) | 13 comments Libby, same here. I'm partway thru and find it quite good. The conversations, letters seem pretty real.