What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy book possibly a series, hero who gets belt from dad and must find different gems like emerald and lapiz, meets a girl with two pets in a forest

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Big (new)

Big Mike | 2 comments I read this book in elementary school sometime between 2008 and 2012. It has a primarily orange cover with framing some kind of graphic. The story is about a young kid about 14-19 that has to travel to fulfill a quest, I vaguely remember like a belt with orbs that he must find to power the belt or something like that. There is a map in the book, if I saw the map it would probably spark my memory.

message 2: by Big (new)

Big Mike | 2 comments ok, it might be Deltora quest. need to think on this one...

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2180 comments It does sound like Deltora Quest, but if not it might be Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series, which features items that are collected and put on a belt. These are called 'the signs', and are a set of six circles divided into four sections by crosses, each made of a different material and representing a different element: wood, bronze, iron, water, fire, and stone.

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 27, 2020 07:30PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Big, that's a good start. However – you must add plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.) Then we can re-open the thread.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Thanks for the updating the topic header. This will help searchers and moderators. Re-opening thread.

message 6: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (baticeer) | 51 comments I think this must be Deltora Quest as not only does the orange cover fit, but so does the "girl in the forest with two animal companions" thing, the main female character Jasmine is a "wild girl" from the forest who has two pets (a raven and a fictional furry mammal called a siskis).

You said if you saw the map it would jog your memory, Big, I think you should do a google image search for "Deltora Quest map" -- it's very easily found online and there is also a fan wiki for the series that has a lot of highly detailed information about the books' plots.