What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Created, the Destroyer (The Destroyer, #1)
This topic is about Created, the Destroyer
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 90s-00s fantasy two person assassin team, used martial arts, hated guns, set in modern times (90-00s). [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sigh (new)

Sigh Here | 2 comments I remember some parts of the books, but from what I can recall it is a series.
There are 2 assassins, one who is an older Japanese guy, other is a younger American. Both have super human quickness, strength, and a few other things. But these are from the training. For example, they were able to throw tanks, and the younger American rearranged the birthmark on Mikhail Gorbachev, the old Soviet Union President's head.
The younger American was very impatient and caused problems throughout their missions, while the older Japanese guy was far more disciplined and cleaned up a lot of the problems.
For some reason I remember something like 100 of these books in the series, but that seems like far too much. But would be roughly 200-300~ pages.
For the love of 8lb 9oz little baby Jesus, help me figured this out, I've been trying to figure it out for years.

message 2: by Brad (last edited May 26, 2020 07:22AM) (new)

Brad Eichstadt | 104 comments It is Korean not Japanese. But, I believe you are thinking of the {Destroyer] series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Des...

The series' hero is Remo Williams, a Newark cop framed for a crime and sentenced to death. His death is faked by the government so he can be trained as an assassin for CURE, a secret organization set up by President Kennedy to defend the country by working outside the law. The head of CURE is Harold W. Smith, a man selected by the President not only for his brilliant mind but also because of his integrity. Smith was a former law instructor at Yale and served in the Office of Strategic Services during World War II.

Remo's trainer and father-figure is Chiun, a deadly assassin and the last Master of Sinanju.

Remo uses a gun to shoot somebody, although it is only to wound, and all his actual kills are hand-to-hand. He does make a conscious choice not to use weapons, after a fight in which he kills a man who had been pointing a gun at him. He realizes that Chiun never carried a gun and is over 70, whereas MacCleary, who had told him to always carry a gun, is dead.

message 3: by Sigh (new)

Sigh Here | 2 comments Oh my god. I love you. All homo. Thank you so much! Haha

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Sigh. Here's the Goodreads link for Brad's find - Created, the Destroyer by Warren Murphy.

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Man alive, if Chiun finds out you called him Japanese, there will be trouble.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Created, the Destroyer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Warren Murphy (other topics)